• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Race For The Top Four

I think we have decent enough u23 type players to cope with EC league.

Sanderson, Giles, Toti, Corbeanu, Ronan, Lonwijk et Al could come in to help out.

Fabio probably starts most early EC games too.

I'm thinking massively far ahead mind!

I think we have decent enough u23 type players to cope with EC league.

Sanderson, Giles, Toti, Corbeanu, Ronan, Lonwijk et Al could come in to help out.

Fabio probably starts most early EC games too.

I'm thinking massively far ahead mind!

Who's Al?

Fuck, you found me.

I will leave you to your dreams. I cannot bring myself to shatter the hopes of so many in spite of the absence of any logical reason to think we stand any chance of 4th place. We dont. We could , if we are very lucky , stay injury and suspension free , and somehow find a way to beat Norwich and Burnley , and not lose to at least two of the top three manage to scrape into 7th if a top 6 side wins the cup. Thats about as far as my enthusiasm goes.

You chose the thread title. It does say the race for the top 4 so it must be subliminal. If you dont think we can make the top 4 call it the race for europe. For those who call me out for the slightest inaccuracy its a bit hypocritical. Do expect a huge dose of I told you so when the bandwagon crashes in April.

You chose the thread title. It does say the race for the top 4 so it must be subliminal. If you dont think we can make the top 4 call it the race for europe. For those who call me out for the slightest inaccuracy its a bit hypocritical. Do expect a huge dose of I told you so when the bandwagon crashes in April.
I can't do anything about how your mind works, sorry.

All those clubs are clearly chasing 4th place if possible and we're clearly in the mix as it stands. That's not to say that anyone thinks it will actually happen. It was meant to be an easy place to keep an eye on the fixtures and form but apparently we can't have nice things.

I will leave you to your dreams. I cannot bring myself to shatter the hopes of so many in spite of the absence of any logical reason to think we stand any chance of 4th place. We dont. We could , if we are very lucky , stay injury and suspension free , and somehow find a way to beat Norwich and Burnley , and not lose to at least two of the top three manage to scrape into 7th if a top 6 side wins the cup. Thats about as far as my enthusiasm goes.

So, you want Thread titles to match up to your view?

lets break it down

1) Are we, currently, in the race for the Top 4 (a phrase used heavily by the media). Answer: YES
2) Reading this thread is there a flood of people saying "YEAH TOP 4 IS OURS OR WE RIOT" Answer: No
3) Do most people think its unlikely we will get a Euro spot and in fact would love to simply squeeze into a Europa Conference League group. Answer: YES
4) Can people dream or think about playing games in Europe again without people smacking them down Answer: Should be yes but always one bastard isn't there.

So if we don't get into Europe I look forward to you telling people "I TOLD YOU YOU WERE ALL CORRECT IN YOUR VIEW"

it will be fucking delight to read that in May.

Dreaming is clearly not for free it would seem.

If you don't like it, you could always start your own forum and see how that goes.

You could of course park your fragile ego and just enjoy the thread as everybody else is.

We have not scored against the following this season and have still to play them
Arsenal
Norwich
Burnley
Man City
Liverpool
Leicester
Chelsea

We have to play Everton Watford and Newcastle with new managers . We visit West Ham and Brighton visit us . We have beaten both so should get something from one of those. Given that Europe is probably going to need 60 points I cannot see us getting them . If that makes me an eeyore so be it. Quite comfortable being “that bastard”

We have not scored against the following this season and have still to play them
Arsenal
Norwich
Burnley
Man City
Liverpool
Leicester
Chelsea

We have to play Everton Watford and Newcastle with new managers . We visit West Ham and Brighton visit us . We have beaten both so should get something from one of those. Given that Europe is probably going to need 60 points I cannot see us getting them . If that makes me an eeyore so be it. Quite comfortable being “that bastard”
No one minds you saying you think we won't make it, no problem, fair enough. I wouldn't put money on us finishing 7th let alone 4th personally. We were crap on Thursday and largely good on Sunday, you don't know game by game what you're getting out of us.

It's you trying to dictate what thread titles say, completely misrepresenting what other people have said and generally being a nuisance for no reason that sticks in the craw.

Just talk like a normal person, it isn't too much to ask.

Back