• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To Germany 2024

Oh well, at least we've got the rugby. Oh, wait..

Call me cynical but qualifying for the euros in the 24 team format isn’t that big an achievement especially if your nation has any resemblance of a football tradition.

There's no style. Bale papered the cracks for a good few years after 2016, which will turn out to be an historical high point, unlikely to be matched any time in the next 20 years imv.

He's a reprehensible scumbag but I thought Giggs actually had some decent football going.

Coleman had awful tactics, flat back five and give it to Gareth. Pretty sure he played Our Dave as a holding midfielder.

Call me cynical but qualifying for the euros in the 24 team format isn’t that big an achievement especially if your nation has any resemblance of a football tradition.
Cynical. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 🇮🇪 🙂

He's a reprehensible scumbag but I thought Giggs actually had some decent football going.

Coleman had awful tactics, flat back five and give it to Gareth. Pretty sure he played Our Dave as a holding midfielder.
Edwards rarely got a start during the successful period. Midfield three was usually Allen, Ledley and Ramsey, with Bale just off the striker (Robson-Kanu or Vokes). It worked because of Bale and Ramsey. Those two plus the striker would be the only attacking players in the team.

I’ve got 5,000 yellow, green & red bucket hats going cheap if anyone wants them????

No it allows atrocious teams, to scrape through in 3rd and build on an unexpected momentum. Portugal won 1 game out of 7 in regular time in 2016.

36 matches to eliminate just 8 teams, win your opening match and you can start preparing for the next round.

Northern Ireland played for a 1-0 defeat vs Germany in 2016.

It's so stupid. Make it 32 if you want to expand, plenty of decent mid-sized nations (Sweden, Norway, Wales, Ireland, Greece etc) missing out here so you wouldn't dilute the quality overly and you have a format that works. Or go back to 16.

I vowed never to go abroad with England again but have been talked into doing England v Slovenia in Cologne on 25/06.
Road trip so will get a night in Brussels on route.

Köln is lovely (can't help you with specifics as I've not been since 2001), definitely the best of the three group venues.

Köln is lovely (can't help you with specifics as I've not been since 2001), definitely the best of the three group venues.

Yeah I had a bad experience there in 2003 but more down to my intoxication. Frankfurt is very meh and Gelsenkirchen would be like going to Middlesbrough.
My Dads 70th this year so probably his last chance to properly experience a tournament abroad. Not going in colours and probably won’t drink to much and will take a nice long drive back and stop off in Aachen on the way back to.

Litres of Kölsh, ftw

Litres, on aggregate 😁

Back