• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To Germany 2024

Ah ok ta. I found myself reading about an Ozzie Rules player who's just done his ACL and got more than a little confused

Kobbie Mainoo now part of the squad

Kobbie Mainoo now part of the squad
First comment I read

It sounds more like the clueless manager bowed down to public pressure. It could have been better to select him on the outset… that would’ve not been a selection based on sympathy but rather merit. Good luck to the young man.

:rolleyes:

Isn’t he basically a holding midfielder? I think he’s looked fantastic but playing for United has definitely increased his reputation and got him picked. We also have no good options there hence Henderson still getting picked

Yeah, he shouldn't be judged on goals any more than you'd judge Joao Gomes on that metric. It's more United fans demanding that he starts and making out it's an absolute no brainer when he's only played 20 games and for all his ability, United get walked through every single game.

Pretty sure Curtis Jones is/would be well ahead in the reckoning but he's not fit until the end of the month.

I like Mainoo, he looks a really intelligent player and I included him in my 23 man squad a few pages back.

Silly what Southgates done though, no need to call him up here. What's changed between Thursday and yesterday?

Sir Jim on the phone telling him who is at the top of the Ten Haag replacement shortlist I would imagine.

Just added in which is weird, as Trips says what can possibly have changed in four days.

Maybe he was right on the brink of the squad, then his performance against Liverpool tipped the balance?

Shouldn't come down to that though (not that he was even that special, he was fine but he didn't run the show or win the game single-handedly), either you think he's worth a look here and now or you think it's too early.

Reminds me a bit of when clubs give managers a game to save their job. Great, he won, now what. Presumably you're still unconvinced and we might be here again in a fortnight if we lose the next two.

Is it last chance to take a look before naming the squad or isrhere a later spring window?

It does seem a bit odd. Maybe he was destined for the kids squad and there was a late change of mind?

Back