• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To Germany 2024

It makes sense to have players involved in this squad who might need to be called upon for the tournament so they can get used to being in and around the squad. Weird that he was brought in late though!

Is it last chance to take a look before naming the squad or isrhere a later spring window?

It does seem a bit odd. Maybe he was destined for the kids squad and there was a late change of mind?
Yeah last chance I believe.

Just very odd, named in the U21s, plays on Sunday and then Monday just added in. Would surely have been in Southgates thoughts beforehand, so why not put him in the original group

Maybe one of the other midfielders has turned up with a fitness issue and therefore Mainoo might be in for more minutes than they might have anticipated previously?

Why would you want to work with/for someone you dislike?
Because playing for England is the pinnacle of your career and what he said was really tame. It's not like he can leave and go to play for another side like a normal employee. If you've never worked with people you dislike you've had a very fortunate career to date

Because playing for England is the pinnacle of your career and what he said was really tame. It's not like he can leave and go to play for another side like a normal employee. If you've never worked with people you dislike you've have a very fortunate career

I've worked with people I've disliked, I don't have the luxury of walking away from a job without worrying about paying my bills like a professional footballer though. Dislike of certain people, namely senior figures who I was never going to be able to completely avoid was part of the reason for my last job change though, I had no desire to be around one individual in particular and would never take a job with a company where he is employed in the future.

Maybe to Ben White that's more important to him than England? I mean it's not like he's got fuck all going on at Arsenal to make up for it is it? He's probably 3rd in line for that spot with England anyway so in terms of minutes how much difference does it really make to him?

White clearly doesn't like football and it's just a job to him so therefore can't say I necessary blame him. I wouldn't want to sit around in one of the most sterile environments in the world when there's virtually no chance of getting to play. Went back to his club and put himself back in the best position to help his employers.

Always find it mad players get to the top level “not liking football”. Natural talent is one thing, but needs quite a lot of effort and determination to suceed. How do you put that much effort in for something your not that bothered about?

Always find it mad players get to the top level “not liking football”. Natural talent is one thing, but needs quite a lot of effort and determination to suceed. How do you put that much effort in for something your not that bothered about?

I bet they can find a few million sources of motivation over the course of their careers. Would imagine for most they start of loving football as kids but then it's that commitment/professionalism that takes the shine off it for them.

People endure much worse to gain a lot less.

Georgia well placed to get past Luxembourg in the first of this evening's semi finals. 2-0 up against 10 men with half an hour to go. Shame as I rather wanted Luxembourg to make it.

I'll be watching Wales vs Finland later, it's on S4C/iPlayer for free.

I read he enjoys playing, but it’s very much a job, so when he gets home he likes to switch off from it i.e. he’s not racing home to watch Match of the Day.

It’s unusual, but hardly batshit mental.

Also, if Steve Holland has been a twat to him in front of an entire squad of players, fair play for telling him to piss off.

Back