• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Road To Germany 2024

The only real questions are who plays alongside Rice (Jones IMO), and who plays alongside Stones - Maguire probably but I'd like to see Guehi given a go.

The rest of the side picks itself.
LB too if Shaw doesn't get any minutes before the end of the season, Chilwell was poor in last week's games and has his own fitness issues.

I’d probably pick TAA next to Rice.

[Thats probable my cue to leave the thread for a while :)]

I’d probably pick TAA next to Rice.

[Thats probable my cue to leave the thread for a while :)]
I forgot about him and agree completely. Certainly in a 4-3-3 alongside Rice and Bellingham.

This would be my team.

1000043943.jpg

I'm no huge fan of Maguire, but I don't see who's better than him that has the England experience (which is partly GS's fault and partly down to injuries.)

As for Mainoo, he really looks the part in that role, over the 1.5 games he played. He could really free up Bellingham to produce that Madrid form.

Unfortunately we're squeezing Foden wide, but I'd rather do that than have Bellingham stifled.

TAA for Mainoo and 433 for me. Maguire is what he is and nobody else is screaming to play. My issue with him being picked for England was more to do with him not getting a game with Utd than anything else and when fit he's now back in. Whoever is left back worries me from a fitness perspective, I'd take Mitchell to go with Shaw rather than Chilwell given they are both injury risks

This would be my team.

View attachment 10081

I'm no huge fan of Maguire, but I don't see who's better than him that has the England experience (which is partly GS's fault and partly down to injuries.)

As for Mainoo, he really looks the part in that role, over the 1.5 games he played. He could really free up Bellingham to produce that Madrid form.

Unfortunately we're squeezing Foden wide, but I'd rather do that than have Bellingham stifled.
That's it. I'd swap Maguire for Guehi though.

Seen a lot of talk about Palmer for England after last night.

Out of interest, where would people play him and who should be dropped to fit him in the team?

You could play him as 10 as he's been doing for Chelsea in the last couple of games

-----------------Rice--------Bellingham--------
-------Saka--------Palmer-------Foden
----------------------Kane-------------

Personally I wouldn't, but he deserves a squad place and you'd definitely bring him on for penalties

Seen a lot of talk about Palmer for England after last night.

Out of interest, where would people play him and who should be dropped to fit him in the team?
You can't do it realistically, the way people bang on about who should play would leave us like Ten Hag's Man Utd playing basically 5-0-5 and having teams run straight on the defence dozens of times a game.

It's him or Saka basically and Saka has the overall better skillset IMO.

He should go in the squad instead of Maddison who has been injured or poor for months.

Agree. He could play behind Kane, but then you are stifling the best player in the world in Bellingham.

Southgate has been catching strays all day about it. So weird.

Don't think anyone is saying he must start but he surely has to be in the squad?

He already is in the squad so why make a scene about it if that's the objection?

It's because England fans want to cram in all the attackers, all the time, like anyone has ever won a tournament doing that.

You could play him as 10 as he's been doing for Chelsea in the last couple of games

-----------------Rice--------Bellingham--------
-------Saka--------Palmer-------Foden
----------------------Kane-------------

Personally I wouldn't, but he deserves a squad place and you'd definitely bring him on for penalties
That's it for me. Perf.

Back