• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Rugby Thread

I think they’re overcoached and lack the instinct of other nations, and that Farrell is a lousy captain - would drop him and Daly from the back line.
Overcoached?

How can you be overcoached? Coached badly yes but not overcoached. I would’ve thought discipline is one of the things that could be coached extremely well.

Lack of playing matches for a lot of players in England's side, doesn't help with discipline when a close game gets down to the last 20mins.

The exertions of the comeback wont help either after the referees 2 changers.

Biggest thing about yesterday I took from it, is how fucking old I am when I remember Jim Botham's grandfather in action.

Itoje gave away five penalties because he has to play right on the edge and went it goes right he is an immense asset. Take that away and you would lose a large chunk of his game.

Lack of playing matches for a lot of players in England's side, doesn't help with discipline when a close game gets down to the last 20mins.

The exertions of the comeback wont help either after the referees 2 changers.

Biggest thing about yesterday I took from it, is how fucking old I am when I remember Jim Botham's grandfather in action.
As a Somerset cricket fan him and Viv and Joel were heroes for me as a kid!

Itoje gave away five penalties because he has to play right on the edge and went it goes right he is an immense asset. Take that away and you would lose a large chunk of his game.
I love Itoje and he was unlucky with some of the early penaties but he has to learn from that quickly onfield and adjust his play to the way the ref is interpreting the rules

Overcoached?

How can you be overcoached? Coached badly yes but not overcoached. I would’ve thought discipline is one of the things that could be coached extremely well.
You pedantic bugger! I mean they are coached on set plays, focus on kicking and territory etc rather than playing with more instinct - for example, when Farrell was playing 10, it was kick deep ad infinitum whereas Russell would see space behind the back line, so chip or grub into space, mix it up.

England have had a number of situations ie Italians standing in England back line, Scotland recovery from 31-0 down the other year, WC Final where they are unable to think their way out of a problem.

Oh yes, definitely bad tactics. It's the rugby equivalent of Pulis ball.

World rugby are now saying the 2 tries shouldn't have been awarded.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...nglands-six-nations-loss-to-wales-rugby-union
Bigger news mind is this:
the French Rugby Federation has identified patient zero in the outbreak as the head coach, Fabien Galthié, who admitted leaving the team bubble after the opening round against Italy to watch his son, Mathis, play an age-group match in Paris. Galthié subsequently tested positive, followed by 11 others in the camp.

World Rugby are wrong on the second try by the laws of the game. The ball never hit the ground until after the contact with the England player.

the first is arguable. Of course if either we chalked off Wales had a penalty in front of the posts.

The Galthie situation is pretty damn serious. France should be forfeiting that Scotland game.

Ah, World Rugby wrong; Welsh supporter correct. Standard.

World Rugby are wrong on the second try by the laws of the game. The ball never hit the ground until after the contact with the England player
"A knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it."
So a knock on then.

It went backwards off his leg
"A knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it."
So a knock on then.

You would be right Paddy if the winger had control of the ball but he hadnt.
Two examples
Dropping it in front of him when making a kick is fine as he has control.
Dropping a ball and then hacking it on off a knee or a shin (my speciality in my time) is a knock on as they didnt have control
TMo had a brain fart and forgot the contril bit.

As it is you have to admire Wales mind set, yes they got the big descisions in there favour in 3 games and first two games decsions were correct but they still had to dog it out to win each of them against teams who were considered stronger.
Beat Italy and a covid riddled France and another Grand Slam for them.

Back