• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Rugby Thread

England effectively playing with half a side of what they could put out with RFU and their brain dead policy, bit like the Australia cricket side of the late 70’s only having non Packer players. Still think we’d be well off the likes of France, Ireland, SA but would be far more competitive. The fact that Scotland own us is about as embarrassing as it gets.

I wouldn’t be happy with the Scottish policy either - they literally had England and Australian internationals on the pitch today. All about winning but where is the connection with that for junior players in Scotland.

I wouldn’t be happy with the Scottish policy either - they literally had England and Australian internationals on the pitch today. All about winning but where is the connection with that for junior players in Scotland.
Yep pretty much destroys the people who love the population stat if you’re pinching players from here and there.
Winds a lot of Scotland football fans up when you point out the last man to score a winner on English soil was born in London.

Yep pretty much destroys the people who love the population stat if you’re pinching players from here and there.
Winds a lot of Scotland football fans up when you point out the last man to score a winner on English soil was born in London.
I’m good with the antecedents thing, it’s very normal for people to feel an affinity with the country of their origin but having players qualify for no reason at all other than they played for Edinburgh is weird, plus swapping nationality after making your debut is just flat wrong.

Don’t want to get to deep into it as just comes across as bad loser and all that.
Scotland are using loopholes and fair play to them and the RFU are hampering their own progress due to an archaic rule.
Imagine the Football side saying Jude Bellingham and Harry could not play at the Euros because they play abroad people would be in uproar with the FA.

Last edited:
It’s nonsense from both sides.

Anyway, I actually enjoyed today’s game, I like the new looser faster England. Might come good, might not but it was a good watch.

To add context to my expletives, Italy, tied with France, have a penalty at the death to win. With 10 seconds on the kick clock the ball falls off the tee, replaces it, but hits the post...

Last edited:
I’m good with the antecedents thing, it’s very normal for people to feel an affinity with the country of their origin but having players qualify for no reason at all other than they played for Edinburgh is weird, plus swapping nationality after making your debut is just flat wrong.
Swapping nationality after making your debut ??

I present you with one Declan Rice . Played for us 3 times and then switched to England .
He did it because the rules allowed him to , same with Rugby and Athletes is similar .

Swapping nationality after making your debut ??

I present you with one Declan Rice . Played for us 3 times and then switched to England .
He did it because the rules allowed him to , same with Rugby and Athletes is similar .
Yes I’m not ok with that either.

Cracking game in the under 20 six nations between England & Ireland ends 32-32.

Winner either way would have been probably champions, goes down to final week.

Cracking game in the under 20 six nations between England & Ireland ends 32-32.

Winner either way would have been probably champions, goes down to final week.
The English conversion of their final try was massive in the end , and it was a tough one too .

We rose to the occasion and took the game to England .
The pitch was in poor condition as a matter of interest .

Can someone please buy Garbisi a new kicking tee... 😬

Scotland really aren’t as good as they think they’re, fell apart second half v Wales, couldn’t beat a France side in poor form, were very clinical v England and very complacent today.
Sorry no one will take you seriously if you keep only winning 2-3 matches every 6 nations.

What a great game, green shoots from England in this series and today we really turned up.

Brilliant win by England thoroughly deserved better side in most parts, Ireland looked rattled at times.

Unbelievable that England can still win the title, we won’t as I expect Ireland to blow Scotland away and France will enjoy beating us at home.

Considering where we've come from in recent times, today gave us a real lift, we looked excellent, played a bit of risk and reward and it paid off.

Back