• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Second Club Thread

Torquay United for me, in fact I was a supporter of them before Wolves (from when I was about six or seven). No idea why as I've never been anywhere near Torquay in my life.

What is it with you Brits and friggin' Magpies, man?

I thought it was a slur the first time I heard it.

Was lucky enough to see the great Gladbach team of the mid-70’s as a kid and will always have a soft spot for them. Jupp Heynckes was my idol for them and Waggy for Wolves.

Started watching Epsom and Ewell recently. Couldn’t go and watch a local league team as that’d feel disloyal to Wolves but being Southern Combination div 1 in front of approx 70 fans feels justifiable as an occasional live footie fix.

Proud to have the amusing (well it made me chuckle anyway) yet dubious honour of having an ’assist’ for the opposition at my very first game, much to fury of the home players and natives - the Epsom right back hammered a clearance out of play and the defence strolled back leisurely into position while the ball was retrieved from the car park. What they didn’t realise was as the ball whistled past my ear I happened to reach out and with an awful lot of luck just plucked it out of thin air - instinctively tossed it to their thrower, who launched it into the box for his mate to nod in at the near post. The Epsom defenders we’re still asleep and had no idea what was going on but the manager saw it and went ballistic.

Thought it probably best not to go for a beer in the clubhouse afterwards.

I love to go and watch Stourbridge a few times a season - love standing on the terraces whilst drinking a pint of Golden Glow during the game, I can walk to the ground from my house and over the past few years, I've seen some great games and a couple of cup upsets.

I look out for Rotherham's results too as that's my Dad's team. When we were in League One, Dad and I did both fixtures and sat in opposite ends. A 3-3 draw and a 6-4 win meant we got our money's worth!

I don't have a 2nd team. I do go and watch Hednesford sometimes, they have been really poor this season though but a good result at the weekend at least.

I follow a few foreign teams. Ujpest was the first foreign ground I visited along with Honved. The first team I ever took in a match was Hertha Berlin v Union Berlin.

I used to like Liverpool as a kid at school because none of my family watches football and I didn't know better other than to follow other kids at school.

Was lucky enough to see the great Gladbach team of the mid-70’s as a kid and will always have a soft spot for them. Jupp Heynckes was my idol for them and Waggy for Wolves.
i had a gladbach strip when i was 11. white with one green and two black stripes. my grandad bought it for me 🙂

i had a gladbach strip when i was 11. white with one green and two black stripes. my grandad bought it for me 🙂

Good man. Your grandad knew a great team and an iconic shirt too. That era Gladbach team had some immense players, Berti Vogts, Heynckes, Rainer Bonhof, Wolfgang Kleff. They even had Guenter Netzer and later Allan Simonsen. Was lucky enough to see them win the Bundesliga and 1975 UEFA Cup. Unbelievable times.

Managed to get to the old Bökelbergstadion again before it was demolished and would love to get to the new Borussia Park at some time too. Never thought anyone would really remember that shirt never mind own one but as a strange coincidence on that last visit I picked up this….

B8F025D9-4FB8-45F5-BD52-639E6437A81E.jpeg

Had a period of ground hopping a few years back and used to pick up shirts from whichever club I visited, but that got very expensive and the shirts tended to just get shoved in a drawer anyway. More recently just decided to pick up a scarf and hang them up in the man cave which works out much better.

Apart from the Wolves shirts that Gladbach one is the only one that really means anything though. Would be great to take it get it signed by some of the old guys someday but I guess that’s more a pipe dream than reality.

Great team, cracking shirt, brilliant memories.

Good man. Your grandad knew a great team and an iconic shirt too. That era Gladbach team had some immense players, Berti Vogts, Heynckes, Rainer Bonhof, Wolfgang Kleff. They even had Guenter Netzer and later Allan Simonsen. Was lucky enough to see them win the Bundesliga and 1975 UEFA Cup. Unbelievable times.

Managed to get to the old Bökelbergstadion again before it was demolished and would love to get to the new Borussia Park at some time too. Never thought anyone would really remember that shirt never mind own one but as a strange coincidence on that last visit I picked up this….

View attachment 6728

Had a period of ground hopping a few years back and used to pick up shirts from whichever club I visited, but that got very expensive and the shirts tended to just get shoved in a drawer anyway. More recently just decided to pick up a scarf and hang them up in the man cave which works out much better.

Apart from the Wolves shirts that Gladbach one is the only one that really means anything though. Would be great to take it get it signed by some of the old guys someday but I guess that’s more a pipe dream than reality.

Great team, cracking shirt, brilliant memories.
that’s the exact style 😊

I’ve always looked for the Stenhousemuir score first. No reason except I liked the name.
Never seen them play but I did drive passed the ground once!

I also have a Stenhousemuir attraction. Was given a ground tour once. Whole place smells amazing as it is built into a biscuit factory.

I also have a Stenhousemuir attraction. Was given a ground tour once. Whole place smells amazing as it is built into a biscuit factory.
Slightly overpowered by the stench of shite wafting over from Camelon.

Celtic are my second club. When I was growing up a lot of my friends were season ticket holders so if I wasn't at Molineux I was usually at Parkhead. Started going just as they appointed Martin O'Neill so I've got lots of fond memories watching that great team he built. Henrik Larsson, Sutton, Hartson, Stan Petrov, Lennon, Lambert, Lubo Moravcik, Thompson... They had some brilliant players back then and the atmosphere was absolutely feral most weeks. It helped that the Rangers team back then was top draw as well, guys like Jorg Albertz, Gio van Bronkhorst, Ronald de Boer, Mols, Ferguson, Arteta, Løvenkrands, Arzeladze, Dado Prso, Nacho Novo... Made for a real spectacle whenever they played each other.

One of my fondest lockdown memories (there weren't many) was you messaging me to put BT Sport on and watch a Lubo Moravcik performance in an old Champions League game and we watched it virtually together.

Was what I imagine Band Aid was like for old people.

Back