• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not too worried about wing backs right now. Doc, Jonny, Vinagre & Giles if we get really stuck should be fine

Not worried about full backs per se, but would be worried of injuries or suspensions to them

A decent window - no one we wanted to keep has gone & we have upgraded in most areas

The team sheet has not been ripped up & the core of last season's success is still there so we won't have have 11 new players trying to work out how to play as a team in 2 days time

Perfection, probably not, but not bad at all.

If doc & Jonny get injured / suspended we might be in trouble, but you could say that about most positions

A decent window - no one we wanted to keep has gone & we have upgraded in most areas

The team sheet has not been ripped up & the core of last season's success is still there so we won't have have 11 new players trying to work out how to play as a team in 2 days time

Perfection, probably not, but not bad at all.

Best wolves transfer window I've ever seen

If doc & Jonny get injured / suspended we might be in trouble, but you could say that about most positions
Jonny is key, he's our back up rwb and probably first choice LWB. We'd have to be very unlucky for him and doc to be out at the same time though.

Best wolves transfer window I've ever seen

And me. By far. Kept Neves while signing up Boly, Jota and Vinagre was humungous to start with, add Patricio, Moutinho, Jimenez, Traore and Dendoncker on top of that and it's just unreal. I can't believe it.

It really is surreal that Doherty will be starting with those lot though, I hope he proves me wrong but I'm really concerned with that position. Maybe he'll do fine but I'd have a been a lot happier with an upgrade with him moving to backup, and I know how wank that sounds following the window we've just had.

Vinny is good enough now if it were my choice I would be starting with him left and Jonny right. Doc is fine but he will need upgrading hopefully in Jan and clearly we did try with the likes of Cancelo.

I have no doubt Zinchenko would have been our main LWB and I don't think Jonny came to play in the reserves so who knows it might be Vinny and Jonny we shall see.

Vinny had only just returned from the World Cup when we played Villarreal so it's no surprise he wasn't involved there.

A very strong window - only wish we’d have steered clear of Zinchenko - wasted time on someone who doesn’t sound like he would have been a good fit, in terms of character, for our squad.

A very strong window - only wish we’d have steered clear of Zinchenko - wasted time on someone who doesn’t sound like he would have been a good fit, in terms of character, for our squad.

Forgotten about him already - didn't want to come here

His loss rather than ours & we still have the £s he would have cost

Seems strange to moan about this after such an incredible window but I'm really uncomfortable with the lack of depth at wing back. I know that it's not our fault that Zinchenko rejected us on the final day but I think we've shown a bit of naivety there. We should've forced the issue or moved on to other targets long before today. We started the window weak at wing back, sold our best player in that position and then only replaced him with one player (albeit a quality one who can cover both sides).

Leaving aside the Doherty debate for now, we're only one injury away from Ryan Giles/Oskar Buur having to step on to the bench. Far from ideal.

Seems strange to moan about this after such an incredible window but I'm really uncomfortable with the lack of depth at wing back. I know that it's not our fault that Zinchenko rejected us on the final day but I think we've shown a bit of naivety there. We should've forced the issue or moved on to other targets long before today. We started the window weak at wing back, sold our best player in that position and then only replaced him with one player (albeit a quality one who can cover both sides).

Leaving aside the Doherty debate for now, we're only one injury away from Ryan Giles/Oskar Buur having to step on to the bench. Far from ideal.
I think the argument that we put too many eggs in the Zinchenko basket is a fair one. He showed no signs of wanting to come weeks ago, so shouldn't be much of a shock that he didn't. It seems that Jonny was signed to play on the right and now wilI be on the left which isn't ideal I disagree that we sold our best wing back though, outside of set pieces that Neves and Moutinho will now take Doherty was comfortably better than Douglas last season

I think the argument that we put too many eggs in the Zinchenko basket is a fair one. He showed no signs of wanting to come weeks ago, so shouldn't be much of a shock that he didn't. It seems that Jonny was signed to play on the right and now wilI be on the left which isn't ideal I disagree that we sold our best wing back though, outside of set pieces that Neves and Moutinho will now take Doherty was comfortably better than Douglas last season

I think that's where I am too. I find it odd we haven't moved on a few weeks ago. However I'd like to see Vinny fulfill his potential and this is the season for him.

Yeah we obviously really wanted another wing back but unfortunately couldn't get one across the line. Surprised moses didn't move if he was made available.

Tbh given how sound Jonny is defensively I'd be minded to swap Boly and The Donk around so that each side has that mix of defensive stability and baller. I can't believe I just described Doherty as a baller, but that's where we are :icon_lol: . I'd also probably say Neves is better defensively than Joao, so at the moment if I was an opposition manager I'd be loading attacks down our right side

So, on Twitter, that Alec (or Alex) guy was the big ITK winner of the transfer window for us. Lots of big losers though, as usual.

Great window and exciting times ahead. Only a fool would be disappointed with that!. That being said, what are people’s worries formthis year, if there are any regarding players? With the risk of a verbal volley, I’m going to put it out there that I think coady could come undone as a centre half in the prem. I hope to be proven wrong, ofcourse .

Great window and exciting times ahead. Only a fool would be disappointed with that!. That being said, what are people’s worries formthis year, if there are any regarding players? With the risk of a verbal volley, I’m going to put it out there that I think coady could come undone as a centre half in the prem. I hope to be proven wrong, ofcourse .

I did wonder about Coady too but I think Saiss / the Don could play that role with Bennett at rcb if needs be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back