• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Liverpool being heavily linked with Nicolas Pepe from Lille.

Andre Horta, who honestly has been a massive flop in MLS, headed back to Braga.

United had £40m turned down for Wan-Bissaka and will go back with another bid.

The problem they have at the minute is that they can no longer bully other PL teams with their WARCHEST as everyone earns daft money just for being there anyway.

"Hi, relatively wealthy PL club. Can we buy this player?"

"No"

"Ok, good chat"

Of course the player might want to go - but with United being an absolute graveyard for 90%+ of their post-Fergie signings and not being in the CL, they aren't the draw they were - which tips the scales a bit, but buying domestically is a nightmare for them now. It took City what, two or three windows to get Mahrez out of Leicester?

If I'm AWB I want to go to Tottenham. That RB spot is a vacuum.

If I'm AWB I want to go to Tottenham. That RB spot is a vacuum.

I saw in the guardian transfers that palace want £45m, but Daniel levy wants to pay 45p - it’s pushing the point, but spurs won’t pay big money.

I think he'll go to City, Walker seems to be on a downward curve and he'd fit really well. It's also a big fuck you to Utd too.

City want Cancelo.

Walker is definitely starting to dip (he is approaching 30 tbf). I actually wouldn't pick him for England again unless there's an emergency, we have two better RBs.

I saw in the guardian transfers that palace want £45m, but Daniel levy wants to pay 45p - it’s pushing the point, but spurs won’t pay big money.

Alderweireld, Eriksen and Rose all fairly likely to leave this summer and whether AWB goes there or not Alan is right, their RB options are shite, Trippier has totally lost it since the World Cup and Aurier is diabolical. Bit of a job on, I still wouldn't rule out Poch leaving and taking a break until a massive job comes up somewhere else. Not like he can't afford to take a few months off and move back to Barcelona.

AWB will go to United, they'll make the offer to both Palace and the player too much to knock back. There's a chance he'd ideally rather stay in London, but nobody is will go to £50m+ like they will. They'll get Maguire as well, I don't accept Pep is interested in Stearmanesque carrying the ball into midfield

AWB will go to United, they'll make the offer to both Palace and the player too much to knock back. There's a chance he'd ideally rather stay in London, but nobody is will go to £50m+ like they will. They'll get Maguire as well, I don't accept Pep is interested in Stearmanesque carrying the ball into midfield

Oh yeah, not saying he won't go. It's just way, way, way harder for the bigger clubs now than it was even five years ago.

Personally if I were a United fan I'd be prepared to ask the club to pay anything just so I never had to watch Ashley Young ever again.

I agree in principle, but the noises out of Palace on both him and Zaha seem to be more along extracting the maximum value rather than they aren't for sale. Someone like them is a difficult sell for an ambitious player. Next season they are going to finish somewhere between 10th and 16th whereas a Wolves, Leicester, Everton or West Ham can try and sell a development dream I don't see Palace being able to or particularly trying to do that.

West Ham in talks for Fornals for £25m. Now that is someone we should be after, he's absolutely class and would be a proper long term replacement for Joao

Ferland Mendy to Real Madrid. £47m.

FFP just doesn't apply to them at all does it?

100mil up over the last 3 seasons, I'd expect a few sales this summer, Rodriguez for one, it's not quite as bad as it seems

They can always get the Spanish government to give them their training ground back so they can sell it back again.

Griezmann to Barca, so I guess Felix to Athletico.

Coutinho to United if Lukaku is leaving?

Felix to Atleti is a good move for the kid for me.

I am not sure United would go for Coutinho though. They might, in the same way as they might go for Bale, but those sort of transfers utterly fail to address the fundamental issues within the Old Trafford squad.

Back