• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2020/2021 - Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything we could take advantage of as they seem a mess right now?

Kondogbia would be one (although, admittedly, players of his profile are a total crapshoot in the Prem). Piccini was highly rated at one time, too.

Kondogbia seems to have gone off a cliff this season compared to last.

Murmurings that Juve are looking to see if they can flog Ronaldo and Dybala is also on the market - hopefully they can drop into the mire for a while.

Agnelli is a stain on the game and a real threat to its future.

I read that Ronaldo had been offered to Barca. That would be an interesting one. Ronaldo and Messi in the same team.

Barca couldn't afford him - they're hamstrung by Messi's wages already in combination with their appalling recent business.

Who would take pens and FKs?! Would be a disaster, they wouldn’t pass to each other.

Simpleton that he is, if they can't get Sancho then you could see Woodward torpedoing United into another ruinous financial deal after they've just got rid of Sanchez.

And spinning it as a triumphant homecoming,and you can never Underestimate uniteds stupidity just lately, then they'd probably top that by making him player manager

£18.5m accepted by Bournemouth from Sheff Utd for Aaron Ramsdale. As well they might, that's ridiculous.

Looked fat and short to me last season. Better yet, Sheff Utd sold him for £1m about three years ago.

I didn't know that!

Ramsdale is a decent keeper, but yeah that price seems pretty steep. Guess Sheff Utd want to sort the GK situation out quick - think they will be OK next season but probably lower mid table.

£60m so far then and still Brooks, Wilson and King to go. Be interesting to see how much they reinvest as the team they'll be left with could go again.

On a side note Ryan Fraser has discovered his options aren't Spurs and Arsenal like he hoped but are Fulham and Albion

£60m so far then and still Brooks, Wilson and King to go. Be interesting to see how much they reinvest as the team they'll be left with could go again.

On a side note Ryan Fraser has discovered his options aren't Spurs and Arsenal like he hoped but are Fulham and Albion

He’d have been better off playing and keeping Bournemouth up.

Apparently Willians deal at Arsenal could mount up to 220k a week.. also he's 32 and they've given him a 3 year deal.

That’s if every add on in the known universe kicked in in full and was converted into weekly wage. It’s a clickbait story.

I wouldn't even be giving him the 100k a week basic he's getting let alone packing it with potential add ons. Bet he can't believe his luck getting that deal for 3 years at 32

Oh quite. But the article that went on about the £220k was factoring in every add on as extra weekly wage just to contrast a point with the Arsenal redundancies, which is a bit unfair.

£18.5m accepted by Bournemouth from Sheff Utd for Aaron Ramsdale. As well they might, that's ridiculous.

Looked fat and short to me last season. Better yet, Sheff Utd sold him for £1m about three years ago.

Jesus that is a horrible deal, I rank keepers on another site I am on (tragic as that sounds!) and I have had Ramsdale near the bottom all year, he has a high saves percentage due to workload, however I highlighted him as a key factor Bournemouth were relegated, not anywhere near athletic enough and gets too easily beaten with the types of shots that you regularly see other keepers save. Realistically one of the few keepers worse than him last year were the Villa stand in guy, and then Kepa.

Don’t forget the marvellous chaos of Roberto at West Ham. Made Taibi look like Dino Zoff.

Roberto was my favourite keeper last season. So many unique skills such as, diving but not actually moving anywhere, diving out of the way of shots and the master of the reverse under no pressure punch. The Prem League is poorer without him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back