• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don’t have many good ones and Bailey is made of biscuits

Having "just" spend 30m on Buendia it would say a lot for how that deal has gone!

It has more than a smell of James Rodrigues about it, hopefully it goes the same way!

If true it would obviously be a signing to keep Gerrard happy. Maybe even one they agreed to get him to come?

Know I'm late to the party but where the fuck have Barcelona come up with 50m for Ferran Torres?? Did their debt magically vamoose when I wasn't looking?

Toronto is a nice place to live and they have great fans.

Doesn't strike me as more shocking than when Giovinco moved there, especially given MLS was at quite a bit lower of a standard then.

This is a bit of a weird transfer, considering he's still only 30 and scored 19 league goals last season. Hardly over the hill and ready for the MLS yet.

Been rumbling for a while this one and it was originally thought that he would leave Napoli this month. Surprises me as he is still a regular for Italy and recently won the Euros plus Napoli is his hometown team too and he is a club hero

Toronto is a nice place to live and they have great fans.

Doesn't strike me as more shocking than when Giovinco moved there, especially given MLS was at quite a bit lower of a standard then.

Giovinco was a much lower standard than Insigne to counter that. I don't mind the transfer, he's probably getting top whack and going to live in what is by all accounts a lovely country. Who wouldn't want that?

Know I'm late to the party but where the fuck have Barcelona come up with 50m for Ferran Torres?? Did their debt magically vamoose when I wasn't looking?
You can see why I am a real sceptic on ffp

Giovinco was a much lower standard than Insigne to counter that. I don't mind the transfer, he's probably getting top whack and going to live in what is by all accounts a lovely country. Who wouldn't want that?
I dunno, Giovinco was a pretty special player. I don't think any American soccer fan could quite believe it the day the news of his transfer broke (especially as TFC were fucking awful at the time).

But yeah, he'll be on decent wages, living in one of the best cities in Canada, and I'm sure he'll be absolutely adored by their supporters.

I went to Toronto for my 40th. I could name a few US cities I've been to that I'd rather live in

It's no Vancouver but the Whitecaps don't have the same level of cash to throw around IIRC.

VanWolfie can correct me if I'm mistaken there.

Looks like Coutinho to Villa is done. Very much a boom or bust type signing but shows the ambition the club has and pulling power of Gerrard.

I've never been much of a fan, a scorer of great goals rather than a great player, but no doubt a coup for a midtable club.

They'll have some fun trying to fit Buendia, Coutinho, Watkins and Ings in without leaving shite like Matt Targett horribly exposed.

Looks like Coutinho to Villa is done. Very much a boom or bust type signing but shows the ambition the club has and pulling power of Gerrard.
I dread to think how much they're paying him in wages.

It’s a top signing for them and a statement of intent too. Who cares what they’re paying him - he immediately improves the team and the bloke is still class.

Gerrard is clearly being backed hugely and this shows big name players want to work with him. It’s like the opposite of us.

It’s a top signing for them and a statement of intent too. Who cares what they’re paying him - he immediately improves the team
Does he? The player who left the PL did. Not a lot of evidence in the last couple of seasons that he's still there though.

Don't get me wrong, it's a risk worth taking, particularly with the Gerrard link, but it's not a nailed on success imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back