• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know but they have spent that Grealish money on those three all bar 11m. Hardly getting much for 11+5m . Oh look heres Coutinho! Meanwhile we have 70m wiggle room and have spent .....................................................? And need to sell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> before buying?
The Grealish sale is counted as a £100m lump. The purchases are amortised over contract length.

The Grealish sale is counted as a £100m lump. The purchases are amortised over contract length.
I dont pretend to understand it. However if Villa can spend then so can we. We just choose not to and we have Shi talking Shit about FFP constraints

I dont pretend to understand it. However if Villa can spend then so can we. We just choose not to and we have Shi talking Shit about FFP constraints
Cyber, FFP calculations allow losses of £35m per season so even if there is wriggle room in the graph that you posted it still has to funded. If Villa's owners decide to fund such spending it doesn't mean that our owners can or would indeed want to.

It's up to the respective owners at the end of the day. I have no problem in Fosun deciding that Wolves going forward will only spend money that they generate but I will have a huge issue if they decide to hold onto profits (not FFP losses or wriggle room) and not re-invest it back into the club.

Cyber, FFP calculations allow losses of £35m per season so even if there is wriggle room in the graph that you posted it still has to funded. If Villa's owners decide to fund such spending it doesn't mean that our owners can or would indeed want to.

It's up to the respective owners at the end of the day. I have no problem in Fosun deciding that Wolves going forward will only spend money that they generate but I will have a huge issue if they decide to hold onto profits (not FFP losses or wriggle room) and not re-invest it back into the club.

As Kieran Maguire set out in the podcast that YoungWolf shared, as Fosun aren't underwriting anything, our FFP loss allowance is apparently only £5m per season.

i get that runny nose/ snot bogey/ sniffer.I just think it ironic that they had the gall to wihinge groan and complain that we " bought the championship" when their spending since promotion has been so much higher even with the Grealish money.

Let's face it we did buy the Championship, but did it in a smart way which didn't break any rules. To have Diogo Jota, Willy Boly and Ruben Neves playing at that level is ridiculous when you think about it.

People complain about clubs "buying trophies" but it's basically a requirement these days; if we see another club do a Leicester in my lifetime I will be stunned.

Coutinho should be pretty good in their narrow shape. Top player, as long as he's fit and mentally there.

What a weird few years, actively made LFC better by leaving, both in terms of the spending of the fee and how much improved the shape of the front 3/forward line was with him not ad-libbing, then made Barca worse by joining them, loaned to Bayern where he was a squad player and won the Champions League (to the expense of Barca) and now at Villa.

I'm not sure it's quite fair to say that Coutinho actively made Barca worse.

Let's face it we did buy the Championship, but did it in a smart way which didn't break any rules. To have Diogo Jota, Willy Boly and Ruben Neves playing at that level is ridiculous when you think about it.
And of course Villa's huge losses in the Championship are convieniently glossed over.

And of course Villa's huge losses in the Championship are convieniently glossed over.
Yep, that play off game versus Derby was massive for both clubs. They'd be holding at least a 10 point deduction themselves if they'd lost

I'm not sure it's quite fair to say that Coutinho actively made Barca worse.
Trouble is they bought him as a Neymar replacement when he plays more like Messi, and they also wanted him to cover the gap left by Iniesta’s leaving.

Trouble is they bought him as a Neymar replacement when he plays more like Messi, and they also wanted him to cover the gap left by Iniesta’s leaving.
Yep, IMO that's on Barca moreso than Phillipe.

Yeah maybe that's poorly worded but that is what I meant, by the cost and lack of impact he had for that, not really fitting a positon and then his journey on loan it looks really poor.

It was weird really that Liverpool sold him because there wasn't a true place for him in their preferred formation but Barcelona signed him to play in the same formation. Might find himself in that same situation at Villa now too? But should still be at a level where a team that standard will do more to accommodate him.

I mean you would think so, I really like what Gerrard has done so far both at Rangers and then his start at Villa, so you would hope he was part of the thinking on this, rather than it being like Sanchez to Utd, where they could do it but didn't stop to think if they should.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back