• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a top signing for them and a statement of intent too. Who cares what they’re paying him - he immediately improves the team and the bloke is still class.

Gerrard is clearly being backed hugely and this shows big name players want to work with him. It’s like the opposite of us.
I think his relationship with Gerrard as a former team mate is more of a pull than Gerrard as a manger/Villa as a club.

Does he? The player who left the PL did. Not a lot of evidence in the last couple of seasons that he's still there though.

Don't get me wrong, it's a risk worth taking, particularly with the Gerrard link, but it's not a nailed on success imo
Form is temporary etc. He's still a little magician. It;s a top signing for them and I'm not naive enough to say otherwise. Plus, who cares what they're paying him? It's not our money!

Ask yourself if Coutinho/ Watkins/ Buendia/ Ings would improve our squad . The answer is yes.

Coutinho should be pretty good in their narrow shape. Top player, as long as he's fit and mentally there.

He's on 380k at Barca apparently, so approaching 250k if Villa are paying the reported 65%.
Is that the same Villa who tried to report us for breaching FFP a couple of years back? Hypocritical w**kers.

Less than half according to Henry Winter, so guessing at about £150-£175k
Ouch, imagine paying all that out weekly for another team to take him off your hands. I can see why Barca's finances are more than a little shakey.

Form is temporary etc. He's still a little magician. It;s a top signing for them and I'm not naive enough to say otherwise. Plus, who cares what they're paying him? It's not our money!

Let's sign pele then..

Is that the same Villa who tried to report us for breaching FFP a couple of years back? Hypocritical w**kers.
They've got a £100m FFP player sale profit going through their accounts this season. Even with the signings of Buendia, Ings and Bailey at least 3 quarters of that profit will be remaining.

They've got a £100m FFP player sale profit going through their accounts this season. Even with the signings of Buendia, Ings and Bailey at least 3 quarters of that profit will be remaining.
Seems they dont have much to play with in B6 this window, but again FFP is a nonsense. Spent 35m on Buendia 28m on Bailey and 26m on Ings.
1641558502510.png

Last edited:
Seems they dont have much to play with in B6 this window, but again FFP is a nonsense. Spent 35m on Buendia 28m on Bailey and 26m on Ings.
View attachment 4846
That analysis of FFP is based on the 2020 published financial figures for Villa. An article on it goes on to say...

Financial position of clubs will change when the 2021 financial figures are published and some clubs, like Aston Villa, will be in a stronger position after the £100m sale of Jack Grealish

Either way, without knowing the intricacies, I'm sure everyone looks at that table and concludes "yep, that seems 'fair'". Well done everyone involved.

Great to see Neto back at Compton in those photos yesterday. I'm just a schmuck who deep down (not that deep down either!) gets carried away by talk of new signings, but getting Neto and Jonny back in the squad deserves more good vibes and crossed fingers than any new signing this January (for me). I'm certainly sick of reading the breaking news that once again we haven't signed someone else, so less of that would be nice.

That analysis of FFP is based on the 2020 published financial figures for Villa. An article on it goes on to say...

Financial position of clubs will change when the 2021 financial figures are published and some clubs, like Aston Villa, will be in a stronger position after the £100m sale of Jack Grealish
I know but they have spent that Grealish money on those three all bar 11m. Hardly getting much for 11+5m . Oh look heres Coutinho! Meanwhile we have 70m wiggle room and have spent .....................................................? And need to sell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> before buying?

So if they canceled Xmas and moved it to easter I can only have the presents that were there on 25th December .
No you could open and play with them. You just wouldn't be able to touch them at Easter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back