• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
They paid a lot of money for him and gave him £120k a week and a relegation out. It's worked out for all parties in hindsight. Bottom line is we aren't paying North of £40m for a none Mendes player.

Whatever you think of other clubs recruitment it's pointless comparing it to ours. Even players who aren't Mendes clients like RAN, Traore and Doherty become them.

I've long since given my view on that, but we've made our bed

You said earlier that if Newcastle and Villa are signing a player then he can't be very good.

It's nonsense, clearly.
I said if Diego Carlos was any good he’d have gone to a big club. Sevilla let their players go all the time and don’t negotiate like Daniel Levy, so it’s not like he’s been priced out.

I also don’t think he’s that good. Not sure what but of it is nonsense.

You also then mentioned Neves who is 5 years younger and going to a big club!? So not really sure what your point is as it now seems to revolve around things I haven’t said.

If Diego Carlos was any good then an big club would have signed him.

That's what you said, which suggests that unless a "big" club signs a player he can't be any good.

Followed by

If he was decent then he wouldn’t be going to Newcastle or Villa.

Which clearly also suggests that Villa or Newcastle won't be signing any decent players.

It's a totally flawed logic, but we'll leave it there.

Lots of goalposts being moved in this discussion.

Regardless of where you sit, Villa have started early and have already improved their squad.

Lots of goalposts being moved in this discussion.

Regardless of where you sit, Villa have started early and have already improved their squad.
Same as they did last year too, then.

Worked out well.

2+2 and reaching 5 there @Elephant Pyjamas !

If Diego Carlos was a top player then a top club would have signed him. I honestly can’t see what’s wrong with that statement. He has been available at a reasonable price forever and no has been interested.

I think top players who are 29 don’t go to Aston Villa, particularly for small fees in the current market.

The Neves comparison is not remotely similar and the Guimares one isn’t much better.

I don’t think he’s that good. Better than Mings, yes. But I can’t see him being out the team. So I honestly don’t think he’s going to improve them much and those pair together will be a bit of a bomb scare whilst also bailing themselves out a lot by being able to run quickly.

Last edited:
With the profile of player villa are signing it looks like they'll want pretty instant success. If Gerrard isn't delivering I can see him gone by Xmas

The one thing that Gerrard does demonstrate is the power of a name manager in recruitment. Players do want to play for him and Villa will pay the wages to facilitate that

The one thing that Gerrard does demonstrate is the power of a name manager in recruitment. Players do want to play for him and Villa will pay the wages to facilitate that

I think £100k+ a week turns the head far more than the name of the guy on the other side of the table.

I think £100k+ a week turns the head far more than the name of the guy on the other side of the table.
Precisely. Carry on at this rate and the Villa squad will be more filled with mercenaries than the Wild Geese.

Kamara turned down Atletico because they couldn't compete with the wages Villa were offering. Says it all really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back