• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many clubs have been punished for falling into administration, yet a club that have severely flaunted the rules of FFP and lived well outside their means are still "allowed" to pay a new player 120k a week, far more than anyone we have on our books (for example)

The rules are wrong, if you are losing £325m over 3 years you should have an automatic transfer feee and wage cap, not be able to just carry on regardless as they are, it's fucked.

Many clubs have been punished for falling into administration, yet a club that have severely flaunted the rules of FFP and lived well outside their means are still "allowed" to pay a new player 120k a week, far more than anyone we have on our books (for example)

The rules are wrong, if you are losing £325m over 3 years you should have an automatic transfer feee and wage cap, not be able to just carry on regardless as they are, it's fucked.
It's the lack of bollocks of the PL letting Everton attribute so much of the loss to COVID. But the PL have made a rod for their own back by not specifying how much extra could be lost due to COVID. Everton haven't technically failed FFP, but it's certainly not reasonable hence the legal challenge from Burnley et al.

I'm not saying they're not cunts, because they certainly are, the PL are also cunts for letting them get away with it.

The cynic in me thinks the PL would rather like to keep the Liverpool derby in the calendar.

He's on a free though? So other than adding to the wage bill (and they are losing the likes of Delph/Tosun/Sigurdsson this summer, so that will more than cover Tarkowski's contract) it has no impact on FFP.
Also with those 3 off of the books releases approx £20m of amortisation per season.
I don’t agree with them breaking ffp rules but these transactions put them on the long road to financial stability. I’d hazard a guess that Delph, having signed from City would have been on a similar wage as Tarkowski.

Only one Premier League club has entered Administration, Portsmouth in 2010.

Therein lies the problem, 99% of the 'many' clubs you speak of are under the jurisdiction of an entirely different body in the EFL.

When i said many, i was alluding to those in the football league, but i understand what you are saying.

See Spurs trying to sign Spence from Boro for £20m.

Forest faced with losing 2 key players if they can't get him back with Samba rejecting their contract offer and told the club to show him some respect

Keinan Davies and Garner aren’t their players either.
Similar to when Villa went up except they aren’t signing the loanees.

They'll get a better keeper than Samba, he's awful. They'll get Davies and Garner at least on loan again if they want - the former isn't good enough anyway, they should look for better. Spence is a big loss though, Doc as a replacement? They both play the position similarly

Awful probably going too far.
A bit Ikeme in he has good games and then wtf games. Seemed to do more good than wtf in the 2nd half of the season though and looked good. A few erratic moments but even the best in Prem have those ( Jose Sa nods in agreement)

Someone should probably show him how a keeper from Swansea thought he was better upon promotion and he can see how he got on the following season

I don't agree, he was poor in both play-off games before the penalties. Got dropped after a red mid season as well. I doubt there are many tears being shed. A few PL teams outside the Top 6 have better reserves - Ariola, Olsen, Ward, maybe even Sarkic

I think a few tears or maybe swear words will appear because the last thing you want is players you clearly want to keep saying no thanks is not a good start to a transfer window after a promotion.

I wouldn't want him at our club btw..not just because he clearly has a high opinion of himself.

Thought he was the sole reason they got through the semi final. Particularly the huge save in the last minute.

What kind of odds can you get on Lampard not being manager by World Cup time?

Strange move for him as he doesn't get in their team (in either position he plays) if Kane and Son are both fit.

Spurs do need better depth (for the CL) but you don't pick him over either of those in the big games.

I like it, I think he has been fantastic this year and he offers a lot more work rate and pressing than you get from Kane, and gives them the flexibility that could play with Kane in a 352 or Son in a 352 or fit any of the other places across the front or directly as the main striker. So gives them a lot of options.

Is this Nunez Liverpool are signing any good? Looks more of a conventional 9 than they usually play?

Started off as a winger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back