• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did well at Fulham, although that was a front foot team already top of the league. Your point on Liverpool reserves is well made though

Fulham's bigger crime is signing Andreas Pereira. Literally never seen him have a good game. Or even good moments within a game. An absolute Joe Mason of a footballer.

Forest made lots of signings but nothing wow

Forest made lots of signings but nothing wow
Yes they have - but how many players did they lose due to loan signings returning to their home club - if any ?

Did they lose other players who just were transferred ?

Depends what wows you obviously. Their centre half and centre forward signings appear to well thought of but I'd be lieing if I said I knew anything about them other than that. Henderson is a very good signing and I think they'll get Garner back from Utd towards the end of pre season unless he does really well there. They've spent around £60m and clearly have at least another £25m available so are having a go

Raphina to Barca seems to finally be happening. I imagine Leeds will be offloading that liability to a Macquarie or similar ASAP, as any club expecting Barca to stump up the money are deranged. Bayern are reportedly unwilling to consider offers for Lewandowski as they genuinely believe Barca may cease to exist in 12-24 months.

Mes que un club, though?

Lisandro Martinez to Manchester United seems a done deal. Can't say I know a lot about the player - obviously there have been some smaller Centre Backs that have made a good career in the Premier League but 5 foot 9 seems excessively small for the position. He is going to have to be an incredible player to make up for that kind of deficit.

Anyone else feeling Sterling to Chelsea is an odd move? Not sure it is the right fit for either party.

Looks like Lewa to Barca is going to happen. They really are allowed to get away with murder.

All these clubs who will be owed millions by Barca.....if only they had Scott Sellars to ensure their deals left them with no risk of being owed money

City are taking a few risks this season?

Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko and Silva all leaving/left?

I know they've bought the goals of Haaland, but he only played 28 games last season (he scored 29), might they find their squad a little thin with a couple of injuries?

Bit old by now isn't he? Had a good throw I hear though 😐

City are taking a few risks this season?

Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko and Silva all leaving/left?

I know they've bought the goals of Haaland, but he only played 28 games last season (he scored 29), might they find their squad a little thin with a couple of injuries?
Signed Phillips too and Julian Alvarez will be there after his loan at River Plate finished (already an Argentina international).

Zinchenko is just a back up LB for them which they can probably fill with Aké let alone sign anyone else. Pep never properly trusted Jesus and increasingly didn't use Sterling in the real big games.

Silva is a surprise though if he does go, that's a big hole to fill from somewhere. Grealish could step up I suppose but I'd be very sceptical about that, I think he is what he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back