• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2022/23- Everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old sunk cost fallacy I suppose, even for a club like City. If you've spent £100m on a player (and there's no way anyone will ever give you that back)...you have to use him.

I didn't see any development from him last season. Had less of the ball than he had at Villa as he was no longer the best player by a mile and no need for everything to go through him. Still light on actual output and continually runs up blind alleys.

Really pisses me off when England play and people demand he starts or we "build the team around him" (whatever that means). Why? He's frequently completely ineffectual.

By no means is he a rubbish player or anything but there are levels.

He has a big plus, which seems to be dribble and fall over to try and get a free kick. Coady nullified it by not get getting tight on him at all and Grealish did nothing.

Bernardo wanted to move to Barca last summer, so no surprise it has popped up again.

City will eventually sign Cucurella to replace Zinchenko I'd have thought, but they won't be able to replace Bernardo - he's simply sublime.

I'd expect Grealish to improve markedly this season, they always do in their second season with Pep.

The old sunk cost fallacy I suppose, even for a club like City. If you've spent £100m on a player (and there's no way anyone will ever give you that back)...you have to use him.

I didn't see any development from him last season. Had less of the ball than he had at Villa as he was no longer the best player by a mile and no need for everything to go through him. Still light on actual output and continually runs up blind alleys.

Really pisses me off when England play and people demand he starts or we "build the team around him" (whatever that means). Why? He's frequently completely ineffectual.

By no means is he a rubbish player or anything but there are levels.
And he's a dickhead.

Slows the game down too much. City beat you by moving the ball quickly. Him commiting players and winning free kicks is of little use when they aren’t going to just sling it in the box.
Yeah. That was a huge plus for Villa as it took the heat off them as a team that frequently didn't have much possession and had to defend a fair amount. None of that applies for City. So you won us a free kick on halfway, so what.

Grealish is a brilliant creator. Definitely needs to get used to having less of the ball, but as said would expect him to have a greater impact in his second season.

Grealish is a brilliant creator. Definitely needs to get used to having less of the ball, but as said would expect him to have a greater impact in his second season.
Agreed, most players tend to start slow under Pep so it's no surprise he hasn't pulled any trees as of yet.

Rooney is apparently bringing Jesse Lingard (meh) and Ravel fucking Morrison (bluegh) to DC.

Relative to expectations I would think Morrison will perform better. He used to be an absolute dickhead, he isn't now by all accounts. Will never hit the heights projected and is average Championship level these days but that should be ok to a point, I mean Jack Price is a hero.

Lingard will be expected to be great as a recent England player and with a pretty high profile but he is fucking shite and always has been. Can't believe he eked out a decade at Man Utd. Awful footballer. And absolutely is a dickhead.

Last edited:
I know others are dismissive, but Forest have now made 8 signings and look like they are getting Lingard. Bringing that many new players in is always a danger, but unlike Fulham a couple of years ago it looks calculated rather than haphazard. The amount Lingard would get in wages would presumably put them out of the MGW race should it exist, if they get the version who was at West Ham for 6 months it'll be a great signing for them, not so much the Utd one of the rest of the last 3 years

There was a piece on the athletic about Leicester and how they're struggling to make signings due to not selling anyone, existing players on big contracts and they also have 8 or so players whose contracts expire next summer, Soyuncu and Tielemans amongst them.

I know others are dismissive, but Forest have now made 8 signings and look like they are getting Lingard. Bringing that many new players in is always a danger, but unlike Fulham a couple of years ago it looks calculated rather than haphazard. The amount Lingard would get in wages would presumably put them out of the MGW race should it exist, if they get the version who was at West Ham for 6 months it'll be a great signing for them, not so much the Utd one of the rest of the last 3 years
Lingard holding out for £180k per week apparently. Anyone who agrees to pay him that must be bonkers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back