• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The U21's in the EFL Trophy

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Some good experience coming up

CoXEzWOXgAA-Exe.jpg

If the Chesterfield game is at theirs I will go to that then. So we are potentially already at 1 fan...

Make that 3 depending on my shift at work

If they can play any home games on a Monday night, that'd be lovely.

TBH although it's a great thing for the club to be involved in, I can't help but think it's a bit cheeky to allow us and the Prem academies into it.

But it might help the lower league teams boost their attendances when welcoming a "bigger" teams players

I think more lower league fans are likely to be offended at being pitched against someone's 'B' team rather than excited by the prospect of going to watch some 19 year old's they never heard of from the big clubs.

Good that they have the opportunity, but being down here means not much chance of me seeing any of it (pity for me - if not for the rest of you - that its West Brom in the southern section & Wolves in the northern rather than the other way round)

I think more lower league fans are likely to be offended at being pitched against someone's 'B' team rather than excited by the prospect of going to watch some 19 year old's they never heard of from the big clubs.

Yeah very much this.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good thing for Wolves and that's my primary concern but I totally understand the opposition to this idea.

All clubs must play a minimum of five first team players.

Will our U21s play at Molineux or Bucks Head as first choice?

Wolves must include at least six Under-21 players in their starting line-up in the EFL Trophy fixtures.

Hmmmm it should be the full Squad or it kind of defeats the point I think

W/C Aug 29, Chesterfield (a)
W/C Oct 3, Crewe (a)
W/C Nov 7, Accrington Stanley (h)

I'll be doing the Crewe game then, nice and local.

Chesterfield is the week I'm on holiday, bastards.

Back