• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I miss LMA manager. That was a great game but you had to be awesome with your finances and tactics to actually get Wolves promoted.

Or do what everyone else used to, money cheat, instant stadium cheat, soon rake in the cash and best players, piece of cake.

I had an awesome Wolves save on that once though, no cheating either, was quite proud of it.

I'd be the 1st to admit I used the "rome wasn't built in a day" cheat I had a ground that was 3 parts the Nou camp with the South Bank staying as it was.

I couldn't get successful at the game and ended up getting sacked after a couple of seasons due to poor finances.

I'd be the 1st to admit I used the "rome wasn't built in a day" cheat I had a ground that was 3 parts the Nou camp with the South Bank staying as it was.

I couldn't get successful at the game and ended up getting sacked after a couple of seasons due to poor finances.

That cheat was amazing, one day you'd have Molineux, the next, a 96,000 seater! There's not been a managing game as fun as LMA was for me.

You are right - it was 2008 that I had. 2011 is on my PC.

Ahh that'd be it then, I really enjoyed them on my xbox, thought they worked quite well, was weird when me and a mate had a save on there though, just passing the controller about as we continued. Having the achievements were quite cool too. I discovered Aguero on the xbox version, can't remember which one, used to sign him as a 16 year old on there, and play him in the first team straight away, used to boss it.

If you want comedy cheating on management games, download Ultimate Soccer Manager 97 (it'll be freeware somewhere, can't be bothered Googling it). Can build stadiums etc but also fix the price of everything down to burgers and programmes. Oh, and you can also bet against your own team and stick Andy Thompson in goal if you want.

Football Manager is pretty fun and addictive.

Oh I agree, I mean for just all out, cheating/pissing about, LMA was the game!

If you want comedy cheating on management games, download Ultimate Soccer Manager 97 (it'll be freeware somewhere, can't be bothered Googling it). Can build stadiums etc but also fix the price of everything down to burgers and programmes. Oh, and you can also bet against your own team and stick Andy Thompson in goal if you want.

Think I remember that, was that the game that when you were signing players you could offer them a house/car, and offer refs bribes I think it was?

You could offer bungs to other managers, not sure about the other stuff. They'd sack you pretty quickly if you made it too obvious you were rigging games. Also you had to navigate a load of the screens through teletext on the TV in your office!

The glory days of taking over Albion, knocking down their entire ground and replacing it with a single stand holding 500, making a pie £50, releasing all their players, immediately re-signing them all on massive five year deals, then releasing them again...glorious in its own way.

You could offer bungs to other managers, not sure about the other stuff. They'd sack you pretty quickly if you made it too obvious you were rigging games. Also you had to navigate a load of the screens through teletext on the TV in your office!

The glory days of taking over Albion, knocking down their entire ground and replacing it with a single stand holding 500, making a pie £50, releasing all their players, immediately re-signing them all on massive five year deals, then releasing them again...glorious in its own way.

Might have been Premier Manager you could do that one, with Keegan on the front I think it was. Those old games were the best cause you had all the legends on it. Premier Manager is on the Playstation Store, might have to buy myself that as a Christmas present.

Gotta admit, that sounds awesome, I think I could spend hours doing that, and it'd be worthwhile too.

Far Cry 3 is £22.49 in Game at the moment.

SEVERELY tempted by that....

Has anybody got the new Forza. Oh and I played the demo of F1 stars and found it brilliant.

It's great fun, I loved it. Got the sequel for Christmas from the kids (I think...!)

Isn't that your job? There's still a number of them on here...

Oh right, you're talking about computer games... /blush

Frank - look out. You've got a rival for the TWF Jester's Hat.

It's great fun, I loved it. Got the sequel for Christmas from the kids (I think...!)

The sequel is fantastic too. Love all the extra hubs rather than just Diagon Alley and Hogwarts. Loads of collectibles to get as well.

The sequel is fantastic too. Love all the extra hubs rather than just Diagon Alley and Hogwarts. Loads of collectibles to get as well.

I've yet to play a bad Lego game. Can't wait to play Lego LOTR!

I've managed to get 1000G on:

Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Harry Potter (1-4)

Lego Indy 2 crashed meaning I lost a load of data and I can't be arsed starting again, and I was only a few points off Lego Star Wars:TCS.

I love the Lego games.

Back