• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

It's very good, Jack. Well worth a look.

Well I'm thinking of purchasing this with my new Xbox!

Can't wait until next week when my 19 hour days end and have time to play this game. All I have done so far is been killed by the ice man, a giant and fucked off an old lady after looking around her house..........oh and got lost in some mountains.

I've also learned 'Beast Mode' from the Companions and can now become a werewolf. Huzzah!
Pretty useless, been that now for about 100 hours but hardly ever use it.

Quick question for Hereford/Loonse/nimrod et al who have played far longer than myself. I know there are several 'Guilds': the Companions, College of Winterhold, the Dark Brotherhood, the Bards and the Thieves. Is it possible for you to do the quests for all of them or if you are a Companion, say, does it prevent you from doing quests for some of the others?
You can do them all as Hereford has said.

I have some Dragon Bones and Dragon Scales that weigh a lot, but don't really appear much use at the moment. I don't want to sell them because I have a feeling that once my smithing skill is increased I might be able to make some good weapons etc from them. Am I wrong, should I ditch them?

Sell. By the time your smithing is anywhere near the level required to make dragon armor you'll have amassed loads of dragon scales and bones.

Does anybody find viewing this game at 720 and 1080 that although the enviroment is lush and sexy the faces of the characters are dark even in the day. I've popped it back on 1320 x 700 now and although the HD has been terribly reduced I can see faces properly again.

I don't know what the hell they've done to MW3, but it is absolutely bloody awful since the last patch. Had a couple of goes last night and thought it must have been the servers we used, but had a long go tonight and if anything, it's worse.

I play a private game - no problems, everything works fine, I get the kills I should be getting. I finally manage to get into a public game (after more than 45 minutes of trying to get into various lobbies of different game types) - chaos. I empty half a clip into someone and they turn around and kill me. They spawn me right in front of a waiting camper. I snipe a guy in the head. Twice. No kill. They spray a split seconds worth of bullets somewhere near me. I die. It's impossible and incredibly inconsistent.

They need to get rid of a LOT of the cheap weapons, appalling spawn points, stupid leaderboard stats (they don't show number of captures/defends on team based games for example) but I don't think they will.

It's awful.

Skyrim it is then. I almost felt guilty at not playing it tonight.

Oh dear. I'm sure it'll get sorted out, but sadly it doesn't surprise me. I haven't been on BF3 since last week because of Skyrim, which means I haven't yet tried the new map bundle. Will give them a go tomorrow, if I can drag myself away from Skyrim for a while! I've not had work the last 2 days which means I've been giving it a right pasting! Saved and quit tonight half way up High Hrothgar to visit the Greybeards- getting somewhere in a game can never have taken so long!

I don't know what the hell they've done to MW3, but it is absolutely bloody awful since the last patch. Had a couple of goes last night and thought it must have been the servers we used, but had a long go tonight and if anything, it's worse.

I play a private game - no problems, everything works fine, I get the kills I should be getting. I finally manage to get into a public game (after more than 45 minutes of trying to get into various lobbies of different game types) - chaos. I empty half a clip into someone and they turn around and kill me. They spawn me right in front of a waiting camper. I snipe a guy in the head. Twice. No kill. They spray a split seconds worth of bullets somewhere near me. I die. It's impossible and incredibly inconsistent.

Sounds like hackers.

Not hackers - more than likely just American servers.

You watch kill cams and even though I empty half a clip into them, it doesn't look like I've fired at all.

It's almost unplayable as you're at such a massive disadvantage.

How do you get the custom destination marker off the map on Skyrim? That things really pissing me off.

How do you get the custom destination marker off the map on Skyrim? That things really pissing me off.

Go to your map, choose a random destination and click and it will ask you if you want to: leave your marker, move it or remove it. Just don't click on a place click on a space on the map.

Just got myself an Xbox with Kinect.

Seem to have missed the boat on all the best Skyrim deals although I'm sure it will come down in price again soon.

Back