• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

Looking forward to it James. I'm hoping the missus will go and get it for me because I will be in Kent.

It's looking like a good game bandy, if I manage to get it to work on my mac. I'd be happy to let the crims from my city run riot on your city.

Had a go on a Wii-U today and it seemed decent. I only played the minigame one but it was enjoyable enough and the controller screen works well.

They are good Bear. Might aswell wait for a price drop as there hasn't been many games released since launch.

My mate got one for £220 this week. Can't remember where he said now though.

Only a few weeks to Bioshock Infinite. Already getting tips for Game of the Year...

I'm glad I windows on my mac (via bootcamp) otherwise I would have to wait a while for Sim city.

Bioshock will probably be good but game of the year maybe a tad over hyped.

I'm glad I windows on my mac (via bootcamp) otherwise I would have to wait a while for Sim city.

Bioshock will probably be good but game of the year maybe a tad over hyped.

Maybe, though it did win almost every critics award at last years gaming shows. Hopefully the final build will be worth the wait.

I dislike the over hype games get some times toon, when they say "this will be game of the year" and it turns out to be a good title but not game of the year standard, it can hurt the game when the reviews come out. (Assassins Creed 3: Liberation is a good example of this)

The new Bioshock game DOES look fricking ace TBF. I never played Bioshock 2 though. The first was amazing, but just never got round to getting the sequel.

Anyway, Tomb Raider is out tomorrow - think I'll get that.

I'll be interested to hear anyones views on the new Sim City when its out at the end of the week as I'm still looking for a new good city-builder to play, or even a old good one I haven't tried!

I tried Anno 2070 and didnt like the feel of it...

To add to the PS4 debate from a couple of pages ago the new Xbox wont be directly backwards compatible either!

Tempted to get Tomb Raider as well, maybe just a rental though as the multiplayer is somewhat poorly rated and i'll whiz through the SP

I'll be interested to hear anyones views on the new Sim City when its out at the end of the week as I'm still looking for a new good city-builder to play, or even a old good one I haven't tried!

I tried Anno 2070 and didnt like the feel of it...

To add to the PS4 debate from a couple of pages ago the new Xbox wont be directly backwards compatible either!

You tried the Civilization series Phil? More empire than city but decent enough.

The new Bioshock game DOES look fricking ace TBF. I never played Bioshock 2 though. The first was amazing, but just never got round to getting the sequel.

Anyway, Tomb Raider is out tomorrow - think I'll get that.

Bioshock 2 was fantastic. It must be really cheap now. I advise a purchase...........

You tried the Civilization series Phil? More empire than city but decent enough.

I played most of them but haven't given 5 a bash - was hoping for a standalone Settlers 8 rather than Settlers online type game to come out as I enjoyed the scenario based missions

Played the first few chapters of Dead Space 3 on co-op, really good so far, nice to have someone watching your back and shouting at you to turn around :D

Tomb Raider looks really good, probably wait till it comes down to £20 before I buy it.

Really looking forward to Sim City this weekend. Seeing lots of videos that look good.

Tomb Raider looks really good, probably wait till it comes down to £20 before I buy it.

Really looking forward to Sim City this weekend. Seeing lots of videos that look good.

I am looking forward to Sim City but I gotta upgrade my Mac 1st and wait for it to come out because it may not run on boot camp.

I can honestly wait to trash your city :D

Tomb Raider is a great game - Far Cry 3 mixed with Uncharted with a bit of Arkham Asylum thrown in for good measure.

Superbly designed, non-stop action - a good mix between bow and gun.

A couple of gripes - there are some VERY annoying QTE sections that are quite brutal, and I'd like to see more hand to hand combat, though there is the possibility that I'll see more of that as I progress.

If anyone likes the Uncharted games - and of course, Tomb Raider of old, you'll love this.

Ahh Tomb Raider...brings back memories of all night Tomb Raider 2 in my halls at Uni. I loved that game so may be tempted to check this one out.

Back