• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I found it horrendously boring. But I tend to do in games that don't have any sense of urgency.

I agree! But there is no sense of urgency in Rockstar games. You can ignore the main story and just do what you want. Cool. Laid back. No hassle.

Same as Fallout and Skyrim.

Which is why my favourite games are RDR, GTA V, Fallout and Skyrim. No pressure...no hassle.

No motivation. I don't see the appeal at all.

No motivation? There's a whole world out there!!
I can appreciate the technical spectacle of a game but I'd just as soon sandbox in reality.

If I don't have a reason to care about the world the game creates, I'm out.

RDR is a sensational game. I adored it. The thought of a sequel on xbox one makes me moist.

Yes...but reality is not a computer game.

Is it?

Precisely my point. If the fun out of something is just dicking around, I'd much rather dick around in a tangible world with real people.

I downloaded Castle Storm when it was free on XBL and it's actually a great little game - dunno if it's still a freebie but worth downloading if it is.

I was shocked to discover that I've already notched up 15 hours on Witcher 3. Brilliant but I badly need to level up as I'm dying far too often. Going back to White Orchard as the enemies are much easier - I'll do some side quests before going back to the main quest.

I downloaded Euro Truck Simulator 2 last night and so far its very detailed but very boring... is that the life of a lorry driver?

- Pick stuff up
- Drive it to location
- Drop it off

What else did you think it involved? :icon_lol:

- Pick stuff up
- Drive it to location
- Drop it off

What else did you think it involved? :icon_lol:

Get the Clarkson edition, much more happens
Change gear
Kill a prostitute
Pick up stuff
Kill a Prostitute
Get fired
Jeremy-Clarkson-Driving-A-Truck-Freaked-Out-On-Top-Gear-Gif_408x408.jpg

Last edited:
I downloaded Euro Truck Simulator 2 last night and so far its very detailed but very boring... is that the life of a lorry driver?

Some people find that very relaxing, or so I'm told.

Wtf is a lorry?

I downloaded Castle Storm when it was free on XBL and it's actually a great little game - dunno if it's still a freebie but worth downloading if it is.

I was shocked to discover that I've already notched up 15 hours on Witcher 3. Brilliant but I badly need to level up as I'm dying far too often. Going back to White Orchard as the enemies are much easier - I'll do some side quests before going back to the main quest.

think i'm gonna have to upgrade the graphics card and buy this now!

Like Langers I've been having some difficulty with the Witcher 3, so have also gone back to the previous area. Exploration tends to lead to death unless you're extremely careful. I am also getting slightly addicted to Gwent, its one of the many great aspects of this game.

Randomly popped in to Game on my lunch break. Hadn't planned on getting anything new but I'd read a little bit about Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and quite liked the sound of it. As it's the prequel to Wolfenstein: The New Order which was on sale in their pre-owned section I managed to pick both up for £30. Going to have a blast later on - has anyone else played any of this series before?

All of my mates (who I've spent the last 18 months playing GTA and FIFA online with) are all wanking themselves off over Witcher and Destiny at the moment - two games which aren't my cup of tea at all, so I wanted to try something new.

X-COM 2 was officially announced today and although I'm skeptical of the "future" decision (give me modern or past over future any day), more X-COM mechanics can only be a good thing. Here's the trailer:

I'm finally on the new gen with an Xbox One. At the moment, I have FIFA, Battlefield 4 and Project Cars, with a steering wheel coming next week. Also had a dabble with the trial of Destiny, which i'm enjoying and may be a purchase when i'm not skint!

Back