• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Not sure I agree on never been arsed, but he clearly doesn’t want to be here now and it’s the same as any player for me: there’s the door if you want to walk through it.
Amazing how it’s gone from us courting him post Lage to him saying he’s not ready. Then he signed, thanked Wolves for their patience whilst he dealt with the personal situation (father) and now it’s turned out like this - couldn’t write it

They asked out the Homecoming Queen, she said yes, first date went pretty well, and then on date two they slapped her and insulted her family.
Ron Burgundy Anchorman 2 vibes

When was the last time we had full blown discontent? Burnley just before relegation to League One or the John Richards protests after losing to Walsall in the late 1990's are the standouts to me. Small pockets of angst here or there but I just don't see them getting fire and brimstone. Not anytime soon anyway.

Plenty of others tbf.

Swansea under Mick in 2011 was foul. We're nowhere near that.

Looking at the poll in that thread for once TWF and MM are in agreement. Jeff has managed to bridge the great divide which is a stunning effort on his behalf. I wonder if they would reconsider based on that, a repeat of the Bruce situation. More likely the fear of repeating what happened last Autumn coupled with the cheap and malleable prevents that.

Plenty of others tbf.

The karma was strong that day. Remember one of Swansea's goals came just as our fans had started to turn; angrily shouted at someone (Foley?) to get it forward, so he does. Except it actually results in a cheap giveaway that plays Swansea in down the left flank, I think Nathan Dyer puts in the cross, RoJo does some weird one-legged hop/clearance attempt but whiffs and ends up on his ass, and Swansea score. 0-2 at that point IIRC and the crowd was done.

So, I've missed 15 pages whilst having a long day at work.

Can anyone catch me up?

Be great if someone could let me know if anything Wolves related has made the Sky Sports ticker banner as well.

Amazing how it’s gone from us courting him post Lage to him saying he’s not ready. Then he signed, thanked Wolves for their patience whilst he dealt with the personal situation (father) and now it’s turned out like this - couldn’t write it
Wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already got another job lined up.

Plenty of others tbf.

We're not a million miles away from people camping outside Molineux with a painted bed sheet though. Always entertaining when that happens.

Can anyone catch me up?

Be great if someone could let me know if anything Wolves related has made the Sky Sports ticker banner as well.

Crunch talks with Lopetegui today over terminating his contract. Heard nowt since

When was the last time we had full blown discontent? Burnley just before relegation to League One or the John Richards protests after losing to Walsall in the late 1990's are the standouts to me. Small pockets of angst here or there but I just don't see them getting fire and brimstone. Not anytime soon anyway.
I was away at Brighton when we got relegated. That was a pretty toxic atmosphere. I was also at Luton in the cup just before Solbakken was ousted…also not pleasant. But all out discontent, probably the Turner in/Turner out era when there was a bit of a split between the fans, I think I still have my badge somewhere.

The last few days probably explain why we’ve not been signing any players…hardly conducive to effective negotiations when you invite the player to meet the prospective former manager.

Five so called expert pundits on the Gillette soccer special and they all trot out that they’ve sold all their best players nonsense. How are these people employed and I expected better from Lee Hendrie. Only 2 pertinent comments (other than the shit timing bit) one from Merson saying that are the owners thinking that Luton and Sheff United are certainties so we only need to finish above one other club. The other was from McAnuff who said that O Neil kept a worse squad up last season.

Takes until 7pm on talkshit to call things accurate. Adrian Clarke has just called out Lop saying “why now” and saying he’s very much buried his head in the sands.

Can anyone catch me up?

Strong rumours that Lopetegui is on his way out.
Seems that Shi is out of the country.
'Crucial' talks taking place at Compton.
Lots of assumptions that the talks are putting some shape on Julen's 'mutual departure' though it might have been on Julen's new contract alongside Alex Scott...
No news from the club and no news from anyone.
Deadline for a decision on Monday pm came and went...
In the meantime dozens and dozens of pages around assumed dialogue on mind games between Shi and Julen.
Oh, and lots of joy when I got O'Neil's name wrong. Usual shit.
Sky & BBC recycling the same old story but no hard facts/communications from anyone.

The karma was strong that day. Remember one of Swansea's goals came just as our fans had started to turn; angrily shouted at someone (Foley?) to get it forward, so he does. Except it actually results in a cheap giveaway that plays Swansea in down the left flank, I think Nathan Dyer puts in the cross, RoJo does some weird one-legged hop/clearance attempt but whiffs and ends up on his ass, and Swansea score. 0-2 at that point IIRC and the crowd was done.

One came from a spell of harmless possession for Swansea attracting the fans' ire. Think it was Henry got suckered into charging down the ball as a result, left a massive gap in the middle of the park and about 3 passes after his ill thought press the ball was in the back of the net.

One came from a spell of harmless possession for Swansea attracting the fans' ire. Think it was Henry got suckered into charging down the ball as a result, left a massive gap in the middle of the park and about 3 passes after his ill thought press the ball was in the back of the net.
Mmmmm, I think this is actually what I was thinking of. Not Foley playing a bad pass but Henry getting sucked out of position and leaving a void in our right side.

Good shout, Mark.

Brodge taking off Leon Britton. Saved Mick's job for about 4 months...

Mick did NOT deserve what he was getting off the fans, disgraceful stuff.

I also remember the 2-2 against Norwich being particularly dire. Not sure I was on here at the time but imagine Dan was livid when Surman scored against us.

Saved by a Zubar header, of all things.

Back