• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

I can’t believe GON is the best they can come up with. A man even less qualified than Bruno Lage.
Really Lage arrived after a good half season at the best funded and biggest club in Portugal followed by a dreadful start to the next.
O’Neill kept up a very poor side and inherited a side just battered 9-0. He’s by no means a great choice but certainly no worse than the Bruno Saunders appointment

The silence is pretty deafening from journalists right now.

Lage got 8 points from his final 15 games here.

As low as my opinion is of Gary O'Neil, he would/will do better than that. He can also speak some recognisable form of English.

I really wish I hadn’t spent record money on renewing my season ticket. I have absolutely zero enthusiasm for the season and would rather have £650 in my bank account.
I guess think of the players? They didn't ask for this circus.

I don't believe they've even looked at anyone else. It's the same "process" as when Lage got the job. No real interview, no other candidates, all done before the incumbent has even officially left.

I don't think I'd take Smith over O'Neil. Lampard I could be persuaded either way.

For the avoidance of doubt that doesn't mean I think Frank Lampard is a good manager.

I really wish I hadn’t spent record money on renewing my season ticket. I have absolutely zero enthusiasm for the season and would rather have £650 in my bank account.
Know a few people saying this. I asked Lycan the other day (maybe today, my head is fried from reading 64 pages) if the negativity was more widespread than here. Starting to believe things could actually turn a bit sour quite quickly now. I think people used up their hope/patience on Lage

Know a few people saying this. I asked Lycan the other day (maybe today, my head is fried from reading 64 pages) if the negativity was more widespread than here. Starting to believe things could actually turn a bit sour quite quickly now. I think people used up their hope/patience on Lage
They asked out the Homecoming Queen, she said yes, first date went pretty well, and then on date two they slapped her and insulted her family.

If we lose a lot early on with O'Neil, especially if some are absolute batterings, you might get discontent within the ground (rightly so).

Miles off as it stands.

As I say, there was nothing at all at home games under Lage and from what I hear, only very low level stuff at away games (they're normally the first to turn). You aren't getting the kind of febrile stuff you had in the past. I suppose for a while Moxey was a lightning rod for it but we don't have that kind of visible (make your own puerile joke here) figure any more.

Dean Smith and Lampard, supposedly....

Like choosing between cat shit, dog shit and pig shit for dinner.
That list can’t be true surely???

Fuck me I feel sorry for the folks that have paid for this years season ticket, luckily I gave mine up before the start of the Lage season.

Just to double check Smith and lampard and it’s not a wind up???

At the end of the season I was 60-40 on Lopetegui on strictly footballing merit - it can't be underestimated taking us from bottom with 10 points to relative safety well before the season ended, especially with many players we've been fairly universally agreed were done/needed moving on.

However, the away form, and number of games where we've had to correct poor starting XI's, and random fuck ups (Newcastle away) and getting leathered twice in the closing weeks left me cautiously optimistic at best.

As an individual I didn't dislike him or particularly warm to him either.

The antics in the media i couldn't give a fuck about, Jeff Shi is the shitbeak who announced 21/22 season ticket increases via the Express and Star without putting anything out in the public domain. I find it kinda poetic he's been subjected to the same by Lopetegui.

Also the shitbeak asking us to remember our place from our opening seasons in the Premier League whilst taking a 53% payrise on last season. Cunt.

Shi has found somebody who isn't fussed about standing his corner, because Shi's a piss weak, shit leader he needs weak shit subordinates. Nuno* and Julen are two sides of the same coin. Just that one conducted himself privately.

*and had more credit in the bank.

If we lose a lot early on with O'Neil, especially if some are absolute batterings, you might get discontent within the ground (rightly so).

Miles off as it stands.

As I say, there was nothing at all at home games under Lage and from what I hear, only very low level stuff at away games (they're normally the first to turn). You aren't getting the kind of febrile stuff you had in the past. I suppose for a while Moxey was a lightning rod for it but we don't have that kind of visible (make your own puerile joke here) figure any more.

When was the last time we had full blown discontent? Burnley just before relegation to League One or the John Richards protests after losing to Walsall in the late 1990's are the standouts to me. Small pockets of angst here or there but I just don't see them getting fire and brimstone. Not anytime soon anyway.

Back