• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

He didn’t want to bumble around the bottom half of the table. 1) he thinks himself above that 2) With a bit of bad luck we could still have been right in it (maybe without bad luck) and that could potentially damage his reputation.

I don’t think he will have thought about other jobs. Just didn’t want this one and it’s not an issue to him financially not working. He might have to lower his expectations the more time goes on as you don’t want to be out of work too long.

Weird that he's still around the area and seemingly waiting for a PL vacancy.
Is there any logical (tax??) reason he’s still living in Tettenhall? It can be solely because he’s waiting for the next job offer.

Just think it's oddly short-sighted with how quickly things can change (like the Nunes sale), and I would have liked him to have backed himself a little more.

But I guess the 'project' changed, the rug was pulled and he decided to bail, bad news for all of us (the project being ditched rather than necessarily losing JL)

He's been handsomely paid off by both Wolves & Sevilla recently, he can afford to sit tight and wait for a job that interests him. Who's his competition for top end Premier League jobs right now? Only Potter really and Lopetegui has a much better pedigree than him.

Sticks in the craw a bit that he decides he`s off and we have to pay him for the pleasure.

West Ham would have appointed him if they hadn’t won the conference league from what I’d heard. And he even had some talks with Spurs.

With him saying he wants the opportunity to take a team to the top half I do wonder how many credible options there are for him?

If he's still kicking around next summer, he would be a tangible upgrade on the current England manager.

Weird that he's still around the area and seemingly waiting for a PL vacancy.

He had a PL job, makes you wonder how bad things were that he felt he had no option but to fuck it all off
Maybe he’s waiting for the Fosun U-turn when we’re in bottom 3 at Christmas 😉

Maybe he’s waiting for the Fosun U-turn when we’re in bottom 3 at Christmas 😉
You jest but the thought had certainly occurred to me. Someone is going to have to bail them out of the shit again.

He has plenty of credit in the bank keeping us up to go on to another Premier League job and I wish him all the best. I still think there’s fault both sides but our Fosun bias (mine included) will always have us believe it’s more their fault than his. To be honest I think there’s still enough quality in the squad that he could have gotten us into the top twelve and then who knows whether next summer we’ll spend more (ifs, buts, maybes etc)

The way I see it is he isn’t going to get a “top” Premier League job any time soon except maybe Chelsea, but that club is a right mess at the minute.

Most likely destination is Everton and he may as well have stayed here as I don’t think their taps are any more turned on than ours, and they’re relegation fodder also.

But best of luck to him n’all that.

Can't see any of the current top 10 shifting managers yet, unless di Zerbi gets poached? Not sure why he's still in England tbh, possibly waiting for Utd? Chelsea?

Poor Al Ittihad, looks like they’ve joined the Mendes carousel

Back