• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Would have loved us to go into the break with another 4 or 5 points in the bag, just wish they’d fucked off that idiot earlier.
The pessimist in me say’s it’s gonna be a struggle but with 2 or 3 additions in January and a Manager who gives me a hint of optimism who knows.
I’m chuffed that he’s signed a 3 yr contract so if we do end up in the chump he’ll do a repeat of Nuno.

I presume if we said he can't go we would have a fine and Raul banned from playing when the season resumed

Personally, got no issue with him pushing himself to be part of it.
18 months ago he probably thought his World Cup memories would be restricted to Wolves fans saying he was shit after an appearance at left back

Just hope he hasn't purposely delayed an operation to get there but from those comments it doesn't seem that way.

My club and my players he says. Initial conversation must have been Julen, "Jeff, you stick to the money side, we'll sort that football side, comprender?" Jeff, "okey dokey boss.."
Hopefully we finally have football people at our football club!

Enjoyed “day by day” in the press conference. Very Nuno

He speaks so well, doesn't he? 😍

I'm cautious about gushing too much but fuck it, it's been a miserable season so I'll take any and all good vibes!

He does. I’m massively encouraged. Cue him losing six in a row and gone by February…

If he can get 6-7 points from Dec and Jan.. we have a fairly decent run from Feb-April.

Some shocking 2007-era spikey hair and jeans from Jarvis, Ward and Foley tucked in that article!

And Robbie Keane's shellsuit 😲

Someone more tech savvy than me will link it at some point, there’s behind the scenes footage of him at the arsenal match, and if we didn’t like him enough, he turns into a starstruck fan when Robert plant turns up

God, I wish Adama had end product. Such a likable bloke (or at least seems to be one).

I mean I'm delighted we have a proper manager and everything now, but:

a) That doesn't mean I've forgotten that the club chose not to have one for 18 months, and the damage that's caused
b) I do think we should rein it in a bit, I'm not going to forever swoon over a guy who has managed 0 games for us, it's already getting tiresome

I mean I'm delighted we have a proper manager and everything now, but:

a) That doesn't mean I've forgotten that the club chose not to have one for 18 months, and the damage that's caused
b) I do think we should rein it in a bit, I'm not going to forever swoon over a guy who has managed 0 games for us, it's already getting tiresome
Fucking hell. Let people enjoy themselves for 5 minutes you absolute buzzkill!

Here’s the full video for anyone interested.

God, I wish Adama had end product. Such a likable bloke (or at least seems to be one).
“I’m tired” isn’t the best first impression to give to your new boss when they ask how you are.

Fucking hell. Let people enjoy themselves for 5 minutes you absolute buzzkill!
I mean the club. How much content have they pumped out in the last 4-5 days?

It all amounts to the same thing, we have someone now who has the requisite gravitas to manage a club of our stature, in the position we'd got ourselves into by 2020. Smashing. But he's got a big job on because of the errors we've made and I'm not going to spend 5-6 weeks gushing over every word he says (don't let me stop you if that's what floats your boat), we'll see how he does when it matters. I think he'll be great but we don't know, do we.

I mean the club. How much content have they pumped out in the last 4-5 days?

It all amounts to the same thing, we have someone now who has the requisite gravitas to manage a club of our stature, in the position we'd got ourselves into by 2020. Smashing. But he's got a big job on because of the errors we've made and I'm not going to spend 5-6 weeks gushing over every word he says (don't let me stop you if that's what floats your boat), we'll see how he does when it matters. I think he'll be great but we don't know, do we.
I agree there's an OTT reaction, but it's driven by the absolute gulf between him and the last guy, it's just refreshing.

The shit you and I got for calling the Lage appointment what it was in the Summer of 2021 annoys me more tbh.

Anyhow, don't worry there'll be none of this in a few months when we're relegated, Lop goes and we replace him with Ian Beale!

Back