• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Excited to see what's been implemented in the short time he's been there. Hoping we start to move the ball at a much quicker pace.

Playing some really sharp stuff in the final 3rd, one touch which we haven't done for ages.

I can't really tell what's going on, the app keeps buffering and has a frame rate of about 1 fps

Edit. Don't use the app, go via the website

What kind of shape are we playing with the central three and attackers?

Pretty conventional 4-3-3 at the moment with wingers cutting in and full backs overlapping. Traore and Hodge doing the leg work in midfield while Mout acts in a CDM role

It’s a bit weird. Guedes appears to be playing as a number 10. Costa is drifting out to the left, presumably to arrive at the back post when we cross - but it’s a slight concern defensively as he doesn’t have the legs to track back so is just conceding unnecessary fouls.

Looks to me like Semedo, Hugo & Guedes have been lined up for big roles in this formation - but need to see more of it.

Adama has been our best player so far.

Oh, and I’m lay at home with tonsillitis, but even that’s more enjoyable than having to listen to Burrows & Thommo.

It’s a bit weird. Guedes appears to be playing as a number 10. Costa is drifting out to the left, presumably to arrive at the back post when we cross - but it’s a slight concern defensively as he doesn’t have the legs to track back so is just conceding unnecessary fouls.

Looks to me like Semedo, Hugo & Guedes have been lined up for big roles in this formation - but need to see more of it.

Adama has been our best player so far.

Oh, and I’m lay at home with tonsillitis, but even that’s more enjoyable than having to listen to Burrows & Thommo.

It's Lee Naylor. The point still stands though, keeps saying really unamusing things then laughing at them.

I'd say 442 diamond with the front 2 of Adama and Costa splitting our wide to form a 433 out of possession. It's a bit disjointed but I'd imagine neither of them will be playing by the time we get to competitive football. It seems perfect for Cunha though.

I'd say 442 diamond with the front 2 of Adama and Costa splitting our wide to form a 433 out of possession. It's a bit disjointed but I'd imagine neither of them will be playing by the time we get to competitive football. It seems perfect for Cunha though.
That's exactly what he was doing yesterday

Annoyingly every time I try and log in to watch it asks me to confirm I’m not a robot while giving me no option to do so 🤷‍♂️

Never had that before when logging in.

It really isn't. It's 4-3-3 with an odd balance where Guedes and Costa are interchangable in the central/ wide left role and Adama wide/ inside right.

Wherever Adama is positioned, Semedo is the opposite.

The biggest difference is clearly the tempo at which we're playing and the forward passing. Whilst possession is key it's the movement off the ball and passing forwards which is ragging the Empoli defenders about.

Both Adama and Semedo have been pretty rubbish on the ball. Boubacar looks an absolute beast and is bossing midfield.

It's a much better watch than anything under Lage.

That's exactly what he was doing yesterday

Interesting that's the plan. I'm not sure we are strong or creative enough at fullback to play like that in the Premier League. The one positive is that we have created a lot more opportunity around the box, at least in the first 20 minutes.

It really isn't. It's 4-3-3 with an odd balance where Guedes and Costa are interchangable in the central/ wide left role and Adama wide/ inside right.

Wherever Adama is positioned, Semedo is the opposite.

The biggest difference is clearly the tempo at which we're playing and the forward passing. Whilst possession is key it's the movement off the ball and passing forwards which is ragging the Empoli defenders about.

Both Adama and Semedo have been pretty rubbish on the ball. Boubacar looks an absolute beast and is bossing midfield.

It's a much better watch than anything under Lage.

Maybe. Guedes seems to have a bit of a free role to me but has been deeper when central.

Agree with everything else, especially Boubacar who's been dominant.

Also as I can't see it... When the ball goes to a Full Back, are they pressing, not just the man with the ball, but he was working yesterday that the ball out to the full back was the trigger for the entire team to press and close down players

Maybe. Guedes seems to have a bit of a free role to me but has been deeper when central.

Agree with everything else, especially Boubacar who's been dominant.
I think there's definitely a fluid front three he wants to implement and I don't think Adama fits that system.

I wouldn't be surprised to see us by another Guedes type as well as Cunha.

Back