• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

So we agree the time to walk away would have been weeks ago, not now on the eve of the season starting?

I don't want it to seem like I'm defending Shi, because I'm not. We all know he's a clueless buffoon.

If he does go now, it appears he's deliberately waited until a time that causes the most disruption. That doesn't sit right with me, regardless of what's going on between him and the ownership.
No clue what is being said behind closed doors.

My feeling is he wants to stay and manage in the PL and knows he has decent team here but needs 2 or 3 players to be happy he can do something other than survive.
Maybe he is sticking around to fight his corner to get the players he wants, maybe he has been told if Podence leaves he will get the money to sign Scott, maybe he is hanging around to see if Jeff will finally stick to his word.

My guess on Lop walking has always been at the end of the window as then he can say he gave the club every minute possible to stick to their word.

I agree with what you said but he’s also within his rights to quit whenever he wants but without pay. Nobody knows the situation as Jeff has said on many occasions one thing and then done the complete opposite.

if I had fuck you money like Lopetegui and someone that wanted my services had lied, being the cunt that I am, I’d cause them as much pain as possible, Yes it’s spiteful but that’s what I’d do. Id be like you lied to me Il lie to you but make it a lot worse. Say I’m staying until the transfer window shuts then quit at 1 minute past midnight.

Gives Jeff an easy out though doesn't it. All he'd need to say is, look at the vindictive sociopath I've had to try and work with?

Gives Jeff an easy out though doesn't it.

The optics for Jeff and Fosun if Lopetegui walks the day after the window closes with over £100m of sales and bringing in whatever dregs we can scrape up will be horrendous. We now know the level of manager we are looking at to replace him it will be horrible unless we win games, a lot of games.

Lopetegui gets the easy win "I wanted to work here, I accepted the change in direction but the goalposts kept moving making it impossible to do the job I wanted to do and I gave them every opportunity to fulfill their promises but in the end they left me with no choice"
He will go back to Spain, enjoy a little break and be back in work around October/November when sacking season starts.

Gives Jeff an easy out though doesn't it. All he'd need to say is, look at the vindictive sociopath I've had to try and work with?
Will he be looking in a mirror when he says that? As posted above it also shows that Lopetegui gave Jeff every available second of the transfer window to prove him wrong.

For the record - Not happy with how this is being played out in the open. Julen has his role in this happening and could have kept inhouse.
Wasn't a fan when Lambert cried to his mates in the press towards the end of his time with us so won't be backing Lop for his interviews with GB

I hope Jeff is looking this morning at how easy GoN agent has leaked his clients meetings to the press and tells them to do one.

Lop wants out but won’t walk, we want him gone as he’s not committed
What an awful rabbit hole we've gone down.
Just look at some of the shite on this thread and all of it is pure conjecture and teasing out some fucking rumour and chasing it and expanding it...
It's just depressing reading it.

Just look at some of the shite on this thread and all of it is pure conjecture and teasing out some fucking rumour and chasing it and expanding it...
It not rumour though. Lopetegui has stated that he isn't happy and that the goalposts have changed since he jumped on board with the project. Sounding out possible replacements isn't rumours either.

clippy-microsoft.gif
Hi, it looks like you are not understanding how a forum on the internet works. Would you like some help?

do you think it’s this or the club gauging the fan reaction to this type of appointment…
Not really!
My hope is they have spoken to him in the capacity of "if we need a caretaker, would you be up for it"

If you remember they were looking at the idea of a permanent Wolves coach last year, someone who stayed on regardless of head coach and did the caretaker role if required.

It not rumour though. Lopetegui has stated that he isn't happy and that the goalposts have changed since he jumped on board with the project. Sounding out possible replacements isn't rumours either.
Yes, OK, I get that bit but all of the rest, the guessing, posters starting off with, 'I don't know...' and, 'It's my guess that...' and, Who knows what's being said behind closed doors...' and so on and so on. Trying to second guess what Shi is thinking when the clueless bastard doesn't know himself is another source of fuel.
Pre supposing that Julen and Shi are playing out a silent mind game and actually developing pages of dialogue attaching to that is another mad rabbit hole...

For the record - Not happy with how this is being played out in the open. Julen has his role in this happening and could have kept inhouse.
Wasn't a fan when Lambert cried to his mates in the press towards the end of his time with us so won't be backing Lop for his interviews with GB

I hope Jeff is looking this morning at how easy GoN agent has leaked his clients meetings to the press and tells them to do one.
It’s not great being in the media but how else is Lopetegui supposed to get his point across as unlike a terrorist jeff Shi seemingly doesn’t negotiate

Will he be looking in a mirror when he says that? As posted above it also shows that Lopetegui gave Jeff every available second of the transfer window to prove him wrong.

Yeah, but doing it at 12.01am? As much as I'd respect the shithousery.

If Shi was the one moving the goalposts I think Lop would be gone.

So we agree the time to walk away would have been weeks ago, not now on the eve of the season starting?

I don't want it to seem like I'm defending Shi, because I'm not. We all know he's a clueless buffoon.

If he does go now, it appears he's deliberately waited until a time that causes the most disruption. That doesn't sit right with me, regardless of what's going on between him and the ownership.
Or another promise couldn't been broken between them and now.

Would it surprise you if that happened?

What is this, Julen Lopetegui FC?

No I would not support him screwing over the club I support out of spite and potentially wrecking our season. What a bizarre take to have.
Its Team Lopetegui or Team Shi

Pick a side man...

It’s not great being in the media but how else is Lopetegui supposed to get his point across as unlike a terrorist jeff Shi seemingly doesn’t negotiate
No doubt Shi just does what he is told. If he has been told to spend no money, he’ll spend no money.

If he’s replaced, it will no doubt be by someone who will do as his told without question.

Back