• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

It's pretty clear Ego Jeff wants him to leave otherwise he wouldn't be having conversations with other potential coaches that wouldn't question his decisions.
Will actually back Jeff a little here.

The situation is a fuck up, a proper fuck up but there is at least a sense of being pro-active here. Regardless of the ability of who he has spoken with it at least shows they are planning (yes, they shouldn't be in a situation where they need to do so but here we are)

We also don't know who else we have potentially spoken with during the period as its only GoN's agent that has leaked shit to the press. I presume in a "hopefully Julen pisses off after hearing this and my client can get a new job and I earn some money from it" way

It's pretty clear Ego Jeff wants him to leave otherwise he wouldn't be having conversations with other potential coaches that wouldn't question his decisions.
Could be a case of Jeff is worried he’ll walk rather than wanting him to.

Jeff will be loving it if he walks - doesn’t have to pay him anything and can get a cheaper manager in to replace him

Jeff will be loving it if he walks - doesn’t have to pay him anything and can get a cheaper manager in to replace him
I'd say that Loppers would have a pretty good case for constructive dismissal.

Will actually back Jeff a little here.

The situation is a fuck up, a proper fuck up but there is at least a sense of being pro-active here. Regardless of the ability of who he has spoken with it at least shows they are planning (yes, they shouldn't be in a situation where they need to do so but here we are)

We also don't know who else we have potentially spoken with during the period as its only GoN's agent that has leaked shit to the press. I presume in a "hopefully Julen pisses off after hearing this and my client can get a new job and I earn some money from it" way
Doesn't bode well though does it, the only reason to go after Gary O'Neil is because he is unemployed and they wont have to pay anything to get him, going from Lopetegui to O'Neil would be a huge downgrade. I'm not sure speaking to candidates of that ilk is any better than having no plan at all tbh.

Based on Johnny Phillips seems his team are on huge amounts of money. If it was just Lop I'm sure he'd have gone by now but he probably feels responsible to his team.

If he quits that doesn't mean they would have to, we'd most likely have to sack them and they get paid?

Doesn't bode well though does it, the only reason to go after Gary O'Neil is because he is unemployed and they wont have to pay anything to get him, going from Lopetegui to O'Neil would be a huge downgrade. I'm not sure speaking to candidates of that ilk is any better than having no plan at all tbh.
Its not great but will say it is hugely better than having no plan

We also don't know the extent of the talks, were they "would you come in and do a job whilst we sort our shit out" as they are reluctant to put Davis and Collins in place again.

The thing that shocks me the most is how quite a few people seem to hate a top manager demanding the best that he can get. (Not so much on here) Top managers will be demanding to progress not only themselves, but the club and the players on the pitch. There’s not many top managers I can think of that are passive yes men if any at all. I hate that some people seem to want a nice smiley manager that says all the nice fluffy things, believes any bollox that Jeff Shi spews out but it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. If Lopetegui goes which seems likely we will never have another top class coach in charge whilst FOSUN and Shi are here, they can’t handle top class managers who do have ego’s which is probably why they are driven to be top class but along with that they are very demanding. Jeff wants a passive yes man.

The thing that shocks me the most is how quite a few people seem to hate a top manager demanding the best that he can get. (Not so much on here) Top managers will be demanding to progress not only themselves, but the club and the players on the pitch. There’s not many top managers I can think of that are passive yes men if any at all. I hate that some people seem to want a nice smiley manager that says all the nice fluffy things, believes any bollox that Jeff Shi spews out but it makes them feel all warm and fuzzy. If Lopetegui goes which seems likely we will never have another top class coach in charge whilst FOSUN and Shi are here, they can’t handle top class managers who do have ego’s which is probably why they are driven to be top class but along with that they are very demanding. Jeff wants a passive yes man.
What about a top top manager?

No issues on him challenging them. In fact I like the fact he has done.

I think we are all pretty sure this isn't what he signed up for originally and I would have completely understood if he'd packed in at the start of preseason.

However he's chosen to stay, with full knowledge of the situation for the entire preseason.

The season starts in 4 days so he needs to get on and do what he can with the players he's got, not be trying to manoeuvre his way into us sacking him.

Putting to one side the unspeakable shambles this is… I don’t know much about Gary O’Neil, and his appearances on MOTD were usually well into my half sleeping space. However, I seem to remember he always looked and sounded like something awful had just happened, or was just about to. So, could be a good fit for us.

Bournemouth fans hated him really until they beat us and went on that stupid run.

He is exactly what you would expect us to go for with our current spending. Jeff will be looking over at Luton knowing he can't even afford Rob Edwards and shedding a tear so GoN is the next best cheap thing (other cheap managers are also available)

This is nothing I have been told.
I did message my mate last night, but he never answered till this morning, and knows nothing about it.

I know NWW well, he is coming over for his stag weekend to my bar.

Someone has definately told him, how true it is I have my doubts.

He is annoyed we know that, we see his interviews, he has also been told and accepted the position we are in weeks ago, he would have walked then, he turned to job down when it was not right for him, so it's not unimaginable that he would have walked 6 weeks ago.

Him and the entire first team squad believe they have enough to survive, if he did not have future assurances regarding a push he would have walked, he is too good a manager not to be pushing for Europe.

He could walk into any club from Spurs down in the PL, his pedigree is such.

What I cannot understand, and we have no clue about the actual Financial implications, we can all take a guess but over the last 12 months we spent a shit load of money, some on Players that worked, some on Players that did not work. The question for me remains, Fosun chased Lopetegui, from Day 1, every time a new manager was looked at he was number 1 choice, now they have him they are struggling to give him what he wants in his first full year.

I would rather lose Shi, than Lopetegui, and we don't know how the inner workings of Fosun happen, he is Guo's man, but is Julen Guo's choice was he someone he identified himself in conversations with people in the game, again who fucking Knows.

I think he will be here until the transfer window opens in January, depending then on league positions, transfer requirements, and transfer abilities, he may walk. If I had to bet, I would put money on him doing the full season anything above 14th, will put him in the window for anyone of the premier League clubs who want to challenge for Europe.

The managers at risk for me are at West Ham, Fulham, Brentford, Bournemouth, Sheff UTd, and Burnley. The first few are expected to have a good season, the newly promoted clubs will want to survive

Wolves Expectations are no more than Survival this year, With Lopetegui the feeling within the club, is that will be enough.

However he's chosen to stay, with full knowledge of the situation for the entire preseason.
Will add to this the plans he agreed in May/June were changed again a few weeks ago and have to back away from signing his number 1 target and the replacement for a defender we sold.

So what he accepted has changed....again, so he has every right to be fucked off

Would love to know what actually changed from the line about signing 8-15mill players, to no, no players (of fee) at all!

Will add to this the plans he agreed in May/June were changed again a few weeks ago and have to back away from signing his number 1 target and the replacement for a defender we sold.

So what he accepted has changed....again, so he has every right to be fucked off

So we agree the time to walk away would have been weeks ago, not now on the eve of the season starting?

I don't want it to seem like I'm defending Shi, because I'm not. We all know he's a clueless buffoon.

If he does go now, it appears he's deliberately waited until a time that causes the most disruption. That doesn't sit right with me, regardless of what's going on between him and the ownership.

No issues on him challenging them. In fact I like the fact he has done.

I think we are all pretty sure this isn't what he signed up for originally and I would have completely understood if he'd packed in at the start of preseason.

The season starts in 4 days so he needs to get on and do what he can with the players he's got, not be trying to manoeuvre his way into us sacking him.
I agree with what you said but he’s also within his rights to quit whenever he wants but without pay. Nobody knows the situation as Jeff has said on many occasions one thing and then done the complete opposite.

if I had fuck you money like Lopetegui and someone that wanted my services had lied, being the cunt that I am, I’d cause them as much pain as possible, Yes it’s spiteful but that’s what I’d do. Id be like you lied to me Il lie to you but make it a lot worse. Say I’m staying until the transfer window shuts then quit at 1 minute past midnight.

Back