• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

It’s baffling how it’s come to this now (if he goes Ofcourse)

Why on earth wait until the week before the season starts.

These crunch talks are very much a “am I getting money for players or not” aren’t they? And if the answer is no, he goes.

Gradual bad running of the club since May 2021, sack Nuno and replace him with Lage. Club has been on a continual slide since.
Lop staying would’ve put us around 11th-15th.
This now puts us firmly in bottom 6 territory and a toss of a coin whether we stay up. Even if we survive this it’s just kicking the can down the road, said it before totally unsustainable way of running a football club.

Or, pay me off or I continue to piss and moan in the press?

I hope you're right though.

I don’t like how long he has left it to walk, but I think Kenny’s right in that he has done this to give Fosun time to fix it.

These crunch talks are very much a “am I getting money for players or not” aren’t they? And if the answer is no, he goes.

No I read it as the talks are “ I want this for me and my staff when we part ways tonight”
I can safely say Lop will be gone by tonight.

Sounds like it's gone past this point now TBH - the whole situation really does remind me of Leicester 12 months ago. Sleepwalking towards failure with a crazy, blase attitude towards running the club.

Makes absolutely no sense.

That’s what it sounds like to me.

Not sure how any severance plays into it. If it gets to that point he’s surely not changing his mind.

Also Lop knows a few early bad results gives Fosun a good opportunity to sack him and blame performance.

It's not learning lessons. Don't blithely assume that we have good players and so any idiot can manage the team and we'll be ok. How did that work out last year?

Lage was a 1/10 appointment, O'Neil would be 2/10 at best.

If we were replacing Lopetegui with Potter then I wouldn't particularly care either way.

No I read it as the talks are “ I want this for me and my staff when we part ways tonight”
I can safely say Lop will be gone by tonight.

I think you’re right unfortunately.

Imagine us paying Lop to leave and replacing him with O'Neil.
If all this smoke turned out to have a fire behind it, If we can't afford 3 or 4 million for an elderly midfield player, or even a couple of million to improve the offer for the Brizzle lad, where do we find the money to afford to pay Julen off, and all of the rest of them?

Graham Potter wouldn’t touch this mess with a barge pole. It’s a shame as Lop keeps this squad up safely - O’Neil won’t.

Gradual bad running of the club since May 2021, sack Nuno and replace him with Lage. Club has been on a continual slide since.
Lop staying would’ve put us around 11th-15th.
This now puts us firmly in bottom 6 territory and a toss of a coin whether we stay up. Even if we survive this it’s just kicking the can down the road, said it before totally unsustainable way of running a football club.
It starts a year earlier for me. The Summer of signing Fabio, Hoever and Semedo and letting Liverpool pay instalments on Jota like they were buying him from the Littlewoods catalogue

What an awful rabbit hole we've gone down.
Just look at some of the shite on this thread and all of it is pure conjecture and teasing out some fucking rumour and chasing it and expanding it...
It's just depressing reading it.
Exactly my feelings too. It's pure speculation.

Back