• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

There goes Julen!

Given our current squad and the presence of Luton and Sheffield United I think most managers could make a fist of keeping us up this season but as we found with Lage the rot sets in and if we do survive we’ll go down next season. I really despair if we can’t find and afford a better option than O’Neil.

The worst part is the squad needs a high turnover and a rebuild. I trust Lopetegui to do that, I don’t trust O’Neill. We’ll stagnate and we can’t

I have question marks over all of these and outright disdain for some of them but I would take any of them over O'Neil:

Solskjaer
Lampard
Gerrard
Hasenhüttl
Vieira

If we're taking a flyer on a young English coach with a few Premier League games under their belt then I'd take Ryan Mason over Gary O'Neil 100 times out of 100.

If we wanted to look down a level then I'm sure Mark Robins or Kieran McKenna would jump at the chance.

O'Neil belongs in the Bruce/Allardyce "absolutely fuck off" category.

So presumably we’ll have a definitive answer by end of day?

I hope so. Been fed up of this after the last three months

Maybe this is all an elaborate scheme to get a pay bump for his team.

I dunno.

Nobody looks good now but this really feels like it stems from above Jeff to me. The “8-15m” line is just inexplicable otherwise, IMV.

Maybe this is all an elaborate scheme to get a pay bump for his team.

I dunno.
It is. Lump sum now to piss off and stop moaning to GB/Ballbag about us

Getting bored of this now - though O'Neil doesn't inspire confidence. I'm all aboard getting Ruud Van Nistelrooy in - at least we know he's got a relationship with Fabs

Apparently Jeff isn’t even in the UK at the moment
Presume they have access to Teams/Zoom/something homegrown that does video calls in China? Probably not an issue.

Weird too becaus it’s really a win-win for JL. He’s getting paid handsomely whether we finish 8th or 17th and we’re easily good enough to not be in the relegation picture. Strange bloke

This is my sense. It's really a free hit for JL. Expectations are extremely low through no fault of his. We either succeed them (fairly likely with him at the helm) and he gets all the credit for doing so in a difficult situation, or things go badly and no-one really blames him. It's an extremely well paid free hit.

Presume they have access to Teams/Zoom/something homegrown that does video calls in China? Probably not an issue.
giphy.gif

Its a cnuts trick to pull out this close to a new season. I get that it seems that he's been given false promises about this summers transfer budgets but the time to go would have been when he first started moaning at the end of last season or having said that he'd stay when he's proven what a good coach he is by keeping the side in the division.
He doesn't care about the finances of the club or the supporters he's just looking after himself and his backroom team. Even if this season did end badly he could point to mitigating circumstances and I'm sure it wouldn't damage his reputation.

I can't believe that Lopetegui will be negotiating his own severance package, surely it would be a job for Mendes.

Back