• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Writing a letter to hubbys 91 year old mom in a nursing home with dementia. He doesnt know when he will be able to see her again.What do you put, does it matter what you put. Not really.

It's just sad.

Teenagers. Look - it's fucking difficult times. Transport will probably grind to a fucking halt soon. So NO I won't allow your "boyfriend"* to come up into a possible disease hot spot and then after a week head home with god knows what to infect his baby brother. And I (and the good lady) are the ones being unfair and inconsiderate.

There should be an injection during pregnancy to fire the concept of empathy into the fucking womb because nobody under twenty seems to have heard of it.

*somebody you talk to online and snapchat endlessly but have never actually met

Writing a letter to hubbys 91 year old mom in a nursing home with dementia. He doesnt know when he will be able to see her again.What do you put, does it matter what you put. Not really.

It's just sad.

No need for a letter. You ring two days in advance to arrange a Facetime, they get the residents seated ready for the call. At least it's better than nothing, even if it's just to say hello :)

No need for a letter. You ring two days in advance to arrange a Facetime, they get the residents seated ready for the call. At least it's better than nothing, even if it's just to say hello :)

Good news PPB. My kids are missing their grandparents very much. Normally, on a non-wolves saturday, we go and see them in the morning, the youngest couldn't understand why we weren't going this mornign and got upset.

Good news PPB. My kids are missing their grandparents very much. Normally, on a non-wolves saturday, we go and see them in the morning, the youngest couldn't understand why we weren't going this mornign and got upset.

Awww it must be extremely hard for the younger kids to understand all of this, it's hard enough for us adults to get our heads round it.

Not sure if we're doing the right thing, still having contact with our grandkids, we're both 61 but fit and healthy, no underlying health issues, atm we're gunna keep seeing them for now unless anyone shows any symtoms

Going out with my son who had his 1 year old on his back and keeping 6 feet apart, grandson always gets excited when he sees someone he knows and held his hands out towards me, proper broke me up.....bastard disease

My nephew who's a nurse in Cardiff ,has been moved off A&E into a ward,been measured and fitted for a hazmat/hazchem suit or whatever it's called,the wards had a dry run at working in the suits,they're now gearing up for a large rise in cases of Covid-19.
I can't do anything,but I'm properly worried for him and his colleagues safety

Hearing me 89 year old mom say " This feels worse than the War years, at least we could go out and about, see our family members, hang out with friends, play out "

I've noticed a decline in her mental health the past 2 weeks. She sleeps an awful lot and I'm running out of things to keep her interested and occupied :(

Just gone 1am here in North West GA. Been under a severe weather advisory for most of the evening.
The city in live in is a wreck. Tornado damage, flood damage, trees on houses and power outage as we speak.
Goodness knows what It's gonna look like when the sun comes up! :(

Just gone 1am here in North West GA. Been under a severe weather advisory for most of the evening.
The city in live in is a wreck. Tornado damage, flood damage, trees on houses and power outage as we speak.
Goodness knows what It's gonna look like when the sun comes up! :(

Shit Ray, stay safe mate

Cheers Mike / Paul
Preliminary reports from the news state we had an ef3 tornado go thru town. Winds of 145mph
We were lucky. We live in a solid brick house with no trees on our property.
Sadly the house across the road had 2 trees on their roof. The main strip in town saw multiple businesses totalled. We went by out BIL's house about a 10 min drive away and multiple houses suffered extensive damage :-/

A some point yesterday whilst digging up some tree roots in strained or tore some cartilage that attached my sternum to my ribs. Not as painful as it is really annoying. Didn't even think that was something I could injure.

A friends sister has miscarried.

She knew about the pregnancy but fell ill, she called her. GP who recommended not to go to hospital and told her via telephone what was happening.

She paid out to go to a private hospital and it's been confirmed.

Her two sisters can't be there because they live in different cities, her mum is high risk and she hadn't yet moved in with dad.

My heart just breaks for her. She's having to ride out the worst time in her life over WhatsApp.

There's just nothing you can say is there ! My daughter in law lost two (molar pregnancies) everyone was distraught, but at least we were all together. your friends sister must be living a nightmare, I feel for her I honestly do .

My wife's aunt passed away this morning. That's the second aunt in less than 6 months. The aunt had battled cancer for the last few years but fell last week and broke her hip and never made a recovery. Dont think it was Corona related.
I'm just so gutted for my wife as she is so close to her Mum and her aunties and she cant drive over and be with them. She might not even get funeral either.

It's literally the worst time to lose a family member as you cant even give them a proper burial

A schoolfriend died yesterday. She was 48 years old and not frail. I’m a nurse who has offered over and over to help but the NHS is unable to onboard anyone because it is fire fighting and the red tape is ridiculous. I should have gone to a community isolation unit last week and they need the staff. I have never felt so angry, helpless and sad for patients and their families.

Back