• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

I just want to say thank you to Del for posting this, youve made this dad hug his kids a bit tighter

Currently an active shooter in the neighborhood/borough just next to my own. "Multiple" police wounded by gunfire.

Knew something had to be going on; about an hour ago the sirens started and they still haven't stopped. Haven't been able to hear the shots, thank goodness.

This country, sometimes; god damn it all.

Edit: Weird that this makes me feel any better; current reporting suggests the shooter was being served a warrant. So, at the very least, it wasn't an "I'm going to open up this rifle in a crowd of innocents" situation. Thank fuck for that.

Last edited:
Currently an active shooter in the neighborhood/borough just next to my own. "Multiple" police wounded by gunfire.

Knew something had to be going on; about an hour ago the sirens started and they still haven't stopped. Haven't been able to hear the shots, thank goodness.

This country, sometimes; god damn it all.

Edit: Weird that this makes me feel any better; current reporting suggests the shooter was being served a warrant. So, at the very least, it wasn't an "I'm going to open up this rifle in a crowd of innocents" situation. Thank fuck for that.

3 dead officers im hearing, Alan.

4 now, 4 more in (the) hospital. 1 shooter dead, the other in custody.

Just another day in America ay
As an outsider looking in, these things seem to happen almost daily over there. What's the answer?

As an outsider looking in, these things seem to happen almost daily over there. What's the answer?
I’m a cynic, so, grain of salt.

If there was a time at which it might have been possible for reasonable gun control to happen in this country, I think it’s come and gone.

I can’t see how we all let Sandy Hook happen and just… shrugged.

Love the juxtaposition with the "Support Education" vanity plate.

He was a Palestinian, the gun wouldn't do him a lot of good.

Yes, I know

Not sure where this belongs but the New Yorker have carried out an investigation in to the Lucy Letby case which we have been banned from reading in the UK. It’s raises some very serious concerns with the case and makes clear how poor the hospital was funded and staffed.

Not sure where this belongs but the New Yorker have carried out an investigation in to the Lucy Letby case which we have been banned from reading in the UK. It’s raises some very serious concerns with the case and makes clear how poor the hospital was funded and staffed.
Yes, I read that in the week, 13k words so some undertaking. Unlike others my takeaway wasn't so much her innocence, more the poor state of funding, staffing, duty of care and failure to recognise what was going on earlier. I can't get to the stage where I can accept that level of bad luck or coincidence for her to have not done it.

Yes, I read that in the week, 13k words so some undertaking. Unlike others my takeaway wasn't so much her innocence, more the poor state of funding, staffing, duty of care and failure to recognise what was going on earlier. I can't get to the stage where I can accept that level of bad luck or coincidence for her to have not done it.
I don’t know either way, but the fact she did way more over time than others does make the correlation factor a little weaker.

I've been applying for some jobs, I've not really been getting enough work in and haven't for a while.

God it's demoralising. I'm applying for stuff that's grades below where I realistically should be and I'm not even getting a sniff of an interview. Either thanks but no thanks, or no word at all.

Feels like I'm on the scrapheap, no-one is remotely interested. So what the fucking hell am I going to do.

I've been applying for some jobs, I've not really been getting enough work in and haven't for a while.

God it's demoralising. I'm applying for stuff that's grades below where I realistically should be and I'm not even getting a sniff of an interview. Either thanks but no thanks, or no word at all.

Feels like I'm on the scrapheap, no-one is remotely interested. So what the fucking hell am I going to do.
It's tough Dan I left my role in October after 21 years. Being the wrong side of 50, which I know you aren't, the marketplace for what I used to do was brutal, similar to you I was happy to work at a lower level, but had feedback that wouldn't happen as companies would either think you are looking to move straight away or can take someone 20 years younger. 90% of recruitment consultants are parasitic arseholes. At the level I was at I was seen as too indoctrinated and not able to adapt to another business.

I've chosen a complete career change and start on Monday, I'm lucky as personal circumstances allow me to do that. Good luck with your search.

Thanks mate, I don't know what I was expecting but it's been a bit of a slap in the face. Not expecting the phone to be ringing off the hook but I've got nothing, absolutely nothing. This isn't linguistic or writing stuff I've been going for, it's standard office jobs, the kind of thing I could do standing on my head and I've got enough relevant experience on my CV to back it up.

A bit lost with it to be honest and it does worry me. Wary of going to recruitment companies directly as when I did that before (many years ago) they only wanted to try shovelling me towards sales roles, I am not and never will be a salesman, I'm no good at that.

Back