• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Colin Stein, centre forward in the 70s. Dave Clements from the 70s too. Willie Carr.

This was going to go in the annoyed thread, but I've put it here because it's making me sad at myself that it's annoying me

There's a lad at work (in Nuneaton) that's not a football fan. Bit weird obviously but I've made my peace with it. But since the FA Cup draw you'd think he's the love child of Peter Ndlovu and Phil Babb*. It's been incessant. I know it's harmless and he's just trying to be bantsy but it's grinding my gears so much. Like bruh I *know* you've just had to google to throw Ellis Simms' name at me, and you don't understand the play offs. Just stop, nobody is getting anything out of it. Obviously I'm playing along out of politeness like but I feel like I'm really cheapening myself, my club, and the rich history of the FA Cup by doing so. Ickkkkk

*It's really hard to think of a player that just "is" Coventry City. What a weird thing.
There's a reason why folk from Nuneaton are known as Treacle Towners.

Although played before I was born, If someone says Coventry I automatically think of John Sillett

I'm investigating a complaint about sexual harassment by one of my team - spoke to a close friend and she said 'I don't know of a single woman in our industry who hasn't been subject to sexual harassment at one point in her career’.

That's incredibly dissapointing as it’s generally thought to be one of the more ‘tree-hugging’ parts of the tech sector.

Men can be an absolute bunch of cunts.

I'm not sure 'sad' covers it, but I need to write it all out and Facebook is too public just yet

For what's i think the 17th time since 2020, my boy using hospital with pneumonia. We're on the 9th day now, he's struggling.

Last Monday he was as ill as he's ever been, the kid was basically drowning. Every time he coughs I have to shove a suction tube to the back of his throat to get whatever I can out of his body. In the first 48 hours I got out nearly three litres. The consultant said because of his history of illness they wouldn't ventilate as he'd never get out of it. They were talking about Do Not Resuscitate paperwork and end of life plans. I was sobbing on his chest begging him not to leave me, the kid had nothing in him. Didn't open his eyes for days and the only movement was to cough, and then cry as we sucked the secretions, or pinned him down to put a tube down his nose and into his lungs to suction. Or pinned him down for bloodtests and cannulas. Intensive care consultant told me that he's in real trouble and there's limitations to what they can do to help that's also in his best interest. They'd given up on him. I thought I'd lost him.

Somehow he started to move in the right direction, getting off a machine that was breathing for him, and just onto a high flow oxygen mask as he started to get a little better. He's still pretty much on the line between his current ward and intensive care but his progress has been astounding. The strength this boy has is utterly unrivalled.

Still now though, the consultants are saying that it's a life limiting condition. It may not be this one, or even the next one, but it will be one of them. Each one is harder to come back from, the next one may be worse and may be longer, but one will get him and there's nothing I can do to stop that.

I've kind of not processed that yet, I just need to get him through this stretch somehow, get him home, and then find a way of trying to deal with that clockless time bomb. Angry, scared, bitter, helpless, broken and lost. He's such an amazing boy, this is so horribly unfair.

Sorry for the trauma dump but here we are. I've just signed up for a month of Better Help to see what good therapy can do, well it can't hurt apart from the fact it's £200 a month! Obviously not expecting many pearls of wisdom and I know it's hard enough to think of the right thing to say to people in tough times so no expectations, think it's just helped to type it out as I start the therapy nonsense

Please don't let this change anything in any other threads, fucking banter and debate have been all that's keeping me sane this week tbh so no kid gloves please xx

Back