• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Thanks for all kind remarks it’s very much Appreciated.

Sorry to hear about dad passing away Trev. Condolences to you and family.

Sending love to you @ROVERT47 Sounds like your dad had a wonderful relationship with you.
My dad's still with us thankfully, but seeing friends who lose a parent breaks my heart & I have no idea how I will cope when the inevitable happens.

Really sorry to hear about your Dad Trev. Condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear your sad news Trev. Tough tough time.
From your posts on here over the years I know you had a great relationship with him, and having lost both parents years ago I know its a tough time.
You mentioned a quote from your Dad "I'll eat when I'm hungry"'
My wife's mother has rapid onset dementia and I was told that the main reason people die (possibly living alone or in vulnerable circumstances) is starvation. They no longer recognise that awful feeling in their stomach which we know as hunger. So they just get hungrier and hungrier, and dementia makes them forget when they last ate. It's a fucking awful disease.
Stay strong mate.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that Trev, condolences to you and your family

Can only echo what others have said. Strength to you and yours, Trev.

Still not really got back to posting Wolves related comments just yet but thanks for all the kind comments.
Registered the death today at the Civic centre, age related heart failure was the predominant cause of death.
Learnt before the last match that someone who was an apprentice with me in the early seventies had died at the same age as me.

My Dad passed away at 3:30 this morning, hard to believe that this time last year he was going to Town on the bus virtually every day to do his shopping.
At 96, apart from a bit of a dodgy knee he was extremely healthy.
At the turn of this year he was beginning to neglect himself and always valuing his independence would not allow any interference.
In May following a few falls he was admitted to hospital and on being discharged he moved into a care home.
He loved it once he got used to it and suffering with dementia he soon forgot about his home of 70yrs and referred to the Care home as ‘my home’.
The staff loved him as he was still a bit of a character, unfortunately in July he had another spell in hospital where he was pretty much neglected, I tried every day to get him taken back to the care home but you tend to trust the doctors.
He never really recovered properly although in September he was showing signs of ‘bouncing back’ as the staff told me.
In recent weeks he’d stopped eating and in spite of me begging him to eat something he would always say ‘I’ll eat when I’m hungry’.
He celebrated his 97th birthday in October so I suppose as a fuckiing arseole who wanted to be ‘King of the World’ said, ‘he’d had a good innings’
Sorry if I’ve gone on a bit, it’s been quite an emotional time.
All my condolences Trev. My Mum passed away a couple of weeks ago at the age of 94. At the beginning of August she was living at home, enjoying the golf on TV, reading books, playing Whist once a week and generally being happy with life despite a few aches and pains.

After a fall at home she was taken to New Cross and then through a three month ride through Care Package at home, NHS assessment beds and hospitals in Staffordshire - none who seemed to communicate with each other. New Cross to Care Home in Cannock for assessment to Stafford Hospital to Care Home in Stoke to continue the assessment, to Stoke hospital and finally to a care home in Stafford with full NHS funding.
She refused to eat very much and ended up at under 6 stone. She died of 'frailty' according to the GP.

She hated every minute of this journey and just wanted to get back home - or somewhere nearer to Pattingham. It didn't happen despite our best efforts.

My sister, my wife and I are totally worn out and shattered. All the travelling and hours on the phone to various organisations within the NHS. The system is broken.

My poor Mum didn't deserve any of this.

Cremation is at Bushbury next Tuesday. We will give her a lovely send off.

Sincere condolences mate, I know exactly what you’ve been going through very similar to my Dad, my Dad had ‘frailty of age’ as his main cause of death.
We have our funeral also at Bushbury on Friday the 15th.
All the best mate.

Sincere condolences mate, I know exactly what you’ve been going through very similar to my Dad, my Dad had ‘frailty of age’ as his main cause of death.
We have our funeral also at Bushbury on Friday the 15th.
All the best mate.
Hope the funeral went off as well as you'd hoped it would Trev. Sad times indeed.

Home from work and settling down from dealing with my first fatality of the Christmas period.

It’s always a tough time of the year for so many people and now a train driver has to deal with what has happened to him. We are trained to deal with these incidents and dealing with a deliberate suicide in front of a train involves so many people, from the driver and signaller to the emergency services who have to attend and railway workers who have to clear the aftermath.

Seems I have a bit of a stress headache but did my job

Hope the funeral went off as well as you'd hoped it would Trev. Sad times indeed.
Cheers Roy, it went really well funerals considering, a chance for family and friends to reflect on a life well lived.
As a slight aside, saw my Solicitor to sign a few documents for probate for my Dad’s estate.
She said, “Ok, the next you’ll hear from me is in about three months “, what the fuck do they at the Probate office.

Home from work and settling down from dealing with my first fatality of the Christmas period.

It’s always a tough time of the year for so many people and now a train driver has to deal with what has happened to him. We are trained to deal with these incidents and dealing with a deliberate suicide in front of a train involves so many people, from the driver and signaller to the emergency services who have to attend and railway workers who have to clear the aftermath.

Had three suicides when I was a guard Darlo.
One at the mouth of the Ambergate Tunnel
One near Hyde Central.
One at Grindleford Station.
Very sad looking at this bloke, legs and arms all at the wrong angles tangled up underneath the train. I'm looking at him and his wife is at home banging pots around in the kitchen, getting his dinner ready, then he's a bit late....

Kudos to you man ...sounds a horrific situation to have to deal with.

Back