• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Thought the story the was he was diagnosed with cancer and given 6 months to live....5 years ago
Dunno, came up on my new feeds from Brum mail. Didn`t click on it.

Clocks go back tonight, I hate the winter, I suffer from SAD albeit mildly, I count the days to the shortest day, then can’t wait to get the first two months of the year out of the way.
Yep, I'm the same. Winter effects me, less opportunity to run enjoyably in the winter due to the dark nights too. All round just crap.

I hate the cold and hate winter. Fortunately I don't get affected by SAD or anything but it's definitely more miserable days and evenings.

Clocks go back tonight, I hate the winter, I suffer from SAD albeit mildly, I count the days to the shortest day, then can’t wait to get the first two months of the year out of the way.
The first time you notice that the evenings aren't pitch black. Like when you finish work or have your dinner and for the first time in ages, there's a tiny bit of light left in the day. Such a good feeling

Got a msg during the game tonight, a close mate of mine fell down the stairs last night, knocked out and has a bleed on the brain. Being kept sedated for now although he has reacted to his wife's voice and foot nerve test.
Was in the pub with him on Wednesday and spent most of the night chatting to him. 🤞

The evenings are definitely getting a little bit longer. The clocks don’t change here. July it gets dark about twenty past five. December it is more like 8.30. There really isn’t much change to make SADs kick in.

Obviously if you want no SADs whatsoever, you need to live in Singapore.

I was working in Jakarta and got finished at 3,30, went back to the hotel in full daylight, got to the room and finished off some papers, had a shower came out and it was like someone had turned the lights off!
Pitch black, street lamps on and everything. Cars with headlights on.... I actually thought I'd been in a coma!
Astonishing how fast it went from daylight to total night.

It’s really noticeable near the equator! Twilight here today has lasted about 15 minutes. Absolutely pitch black now. I’m at 22.56 degrees south latitude. By comparison Wolverhampton is at 52.59 degrees north.

Jakarta is 6.19 degrees south so very close to the equator.

I’m lucky I suppose, I enjoy all the seasons and take the pluses from them all. I love locking myself away in the winter and just relaxing and keeping myself to myself, enjoying some downtime and shutting the world out while watching some TV or a movie. I do feel for those with SAD though, it’s a long time until it’s light while eating your dinner again.

There is something very British about sitting in twilight on a hot June day in a pub beer garden at about ten pm.

In a previous life I visited a house on Orkney.
Went for a pint came home around 2am (no police on this little Island) and then sat outside at 3am and still light enough to read a paper! Very Strange feeling.

Back