• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Last ever home league match at Monmore Green for Wolves speedway, been there 95 years.
Hoping to get along there if I can.

Last ever home league match at Monmore Green for Wolves speedway, been there 95 years.
Hoping to get along there if I can.
Used to go on a Friday night when I was a kid in the early sixties, absolutely massive in those days.

Used to go on a Friday night when I was a kid in the early sixties, absolutely massive in those days.
Still popular now, it's just the stadium owners have pulled the plug. Personally I was a big Heathens fan but started going to Wolves when Cradley had their stadium pulled out from under em.

So what’s happening to the team?
They'll go out of existence unless they can stadium share, not sure there's anywhere near enough, or find/build a new stadium which is highly unlikely. Nigel Pearson resurrected Cradley a few years ago by ground sharing with Wolves while trying to find a new home. He tried to get a new stadium to share with Dudley Town fc but it never got off the ground.

Christ that’s shit. Don’t follow it as much any more but that’s a big team just disappearing.

After a season out? Surely they lose the spot in the top league ?
Not sure it works like that in speedway, suspect it would depend on riders they could attract and potentially go straight back into Premier league. Don't think there is promotion/relegation as such, not sure I'm a bit out of the loop these days.
There is a chance they could win the league, they are into the 'playoffs' similar system to Rugby Union I think.

Not sure it works like that in speedway, suspect it would depend on riders they could attract and potentially go straight back into Premier league. Don't think there is promotion/relegation as such, not sure I'm a bit out of the loop these days.
There is a chance they could win the league, they are into the 'playoffs' similar system to Rugby Union I think.
I remember there was the “elite league” and then the “premier league” below that I think. But I’ve been out the loop for 15 years. Used to watch it all the time in the 2000s with my dad as he was big fan (used to go to Cradley next to you probably). But since uni and then moving out haven’t really continued to follow. Barely get chance to watch any sport outside of Wolves anymore.

I remember there was the “elite league” and then the “premier league” below that I think. But I’ve been out the loop for 15 years. Used to watch it all the time in the 2000s with my dad as he was big fan (used to go to Cradley next to you probably). But since uni and then moving out haven’t really continued to follow. Barely get chance to watch any sport outside of Wolves anymore.
Yeah there ware Elite, Premier and Narional leagues. Not sure about currently.
Keep promising myself a weekend away in Cardiff to take in the British GP but not managed it yet.

Yeah there ware Elite, Premier and Narional leagues. Not sure about currently.
Keep promising myself a weekend away in Cardiff to take in the British GP but not managed it yet.
Went a few years ago was good. Woffinden came second I think. Did actually catch the final of a GP on ?Eurosport the other week and Lindgren is still going strong!

I was at the Docs this morning as I’m allowed a free winter Flu jab. I also got a free Covid booster… fuck I’m old! :ROFLMAO:

Just found out that a very close friend of mine who I knew from uni who was only 6 months older than me has died suddenly. Married with 2 kids. No underlying health issues.

It feels ridiculous just writing that first sentence - I can't believe he's gone. We were very close, he was an incredibly kind and funny guy - and now he's gone.

I feel numb.

Back