• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Things that make you SAD thread.

Must admit, I like the different seasons living in the UK, would be nice if they were a bit more predictable though. Suffering with SAD must be horrendous, feel for those folk

Having a dog that is allergic to grass means I don't have to worry about that shit.

Hate cutting the grass but all I do now is jet wash our "lawn".

That hockey incident. Feel for the family. Proper knightmare fuel stuff.

The holidays.

Just ain’t the same without my sisters around. They always supplied the Christmas Spirit in the house.

Still, time off is time off. And in fairness, it’s just geography that separates us rather than estrangement.

The holidays.

Just ain’t the same without my sisters around. They always supplied the Christmas Spirit in the house.

Still, time off is time off. And in fairness, it’s just geography that separates us rather than estrangement.
Being a Brit in the USA I always have mixed feelings about Thanksgiving and Christmas in general
The whole turkey day experience makes me feel an outsider (of which I am) and makes me feel isolated for the most part, both at work and with the wife's family, even though they try to include me in their celebration. So I kinda know how you are feeling...

My Dad passed away at 3:30 this morning, hard to believe that this time last year he was going to Town on the bus virtually every day to do his shopping.
At 96, apart from a bit of a dodgy knee he was extremely healthy.
At the turn of this year he was beginning to neglect himself and always valuing his independence would not allow any interference.
In May following a few falls he was admitted to hospital and on being discharged he moved into a care home.
He loved it once he got used to it and suffering with dementia he soon forgot about his home of 70yrs and referred to the Care home as ‘my home’.
The staff loved him as he was still a bit of a character, unfortunately in July he had another spell in hospital where he was pretty much neglected, I tried every day to get him taken back to the care home but you tend to trust the doctors.
He never really recovered properly although in September he was showing signs of ‘bouncing back’ as the staff told me.
In recent weeks he’d stopped eating and in spite of me begging him to eat something he would always say ‘I’ll eat when I’m hungry’.
He celebrated his 97th birthday in October so I suppose as a fuckiing arseole who wanted to be ‘King of the World’ said, ‘he’d had a good innings’
Sorry if I’ve gone on a bit, it’s been quite an emotional time.

My Dad passed away at 3:30 this morning, hard to believe that this time last year he was going to Town on the bus virtually every day to do his shopping.
At the turn of this year he was beginning to neglect himself and always valuing his independence would not allow any interference.
In May following a few falls he was admitted to hospital and on being discharged he moved into a care home.
He loved it once he got used to it and suffering with dementia he soon forgot about his home of 70yrs and referred to the Care home as ‘my home’.
The staff loved him as he was still a bit of a character, unfortunately in July he had another spell in hospital where he was pretty much neglected, I tried every day to get him taken back to the care home but you tend to trust the doctors.
He never really recovered properly although in September he was showing signs of ‘bouncing back’ as the staff told me.
In recent weeks he’d stopped eating and in spite of me begging him to eat something he would always say ‘I’ll eat when I’m hungry’.
He celebrated his 97th birthday in October so I suppose as a fuckiing arseole who wanted to be ‘King of the World’ said, ‘he’d had a good innings’
My heartfelt condolences mate

Condolences Trev. Take care of yourself.

Sorry for your loss mate. Thoughts with you and your family

Sorry to hear that Trev. Condolences.

Condolences to you and your family Trev

Back