• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Not sure we'd be so generous with our ratings...

Fighting Cock is their main forum:

One of them giving Ange a 2 for that…

I don’t think their squad is fully setup for his tactics yet. Emerson Royal alone breaks most of what they want to do on whichever side he’s playing.

One of them giving Ange a 2 for that…

I don’t think their squad is fully setup for his tactics yet. Emerson Royal alone breaks most of what they want to do on whichever side he’s playing.
Ange gets loads of plaudits for his style and sticking to his principles, Kompany also, but surely at the top level you have to be more adaptable and flexible?

Ange gets loads of plaudits for his style and sticking to his principles, Kompany also, but surely at the top level you have to be more adaptable and flexible?
You do. He seems clueless at times and only some late goals have helped him avoid too much criticism. They should have lost at home last weekend as well.

Top result, I'm now sort of reverting back to childhood for Saturday 3pm away games. I don't watch them and do the family shop instead, the ping on my phone is the same as the WM goal horn back in the day and I love that adrenaline rush to see what's happened

Gomes has probably gone under the radar a little because of his lack of goals and assists, the focus will definitely turn towards him today, especially as he's scored 2 against a big 6 team.

Spurs aren't in any trouble of relegation, so I guess the question becomes how many of their squad will see a single year outside of Europe as a reason to leave.

Personally, I feel it takes more than a season to get a manager's ideas fully embedded with the right pieces to make it really sing. Rarely is that time allowed to them, IMO.

Top result, I'm now sort of reverting back to childhood for Saturday 3pm away games. I don't watch them and do the family shop instead, the ping on my phone is the same as the WM goal horn back in the day and I love that adrenaline rush to see what's happened
Rock and roll! ;)

I get Ange’s style and principles but playing a massively high backline with that defence and against Neto just seems stupid.

Gomes has probably gone under the radar a little because of his lack of goals and assists, the focus will definitely turn towards him today, especially as he's scored 2 against a big 6 team.
There was one report linking him to Spurs ironically.

Sarabia has 6 assists for us now this season. Assuming the PL site is up to date with today.

Neto has 9.
Leads the PL in chances created per minute on the pitch and probably the same for assists per minute. He had an assist today, could have had at least one more and should have scored. He had an excellent game.

Sarabia has 6 assists for us now this season. Assuming the PL site is up to date with today.

Neto has 9.
I have him on 5 and Neto on 10. I may have been generous with one of Neto's though.

They are favourites for 4th, guaranteed top 6. Their squad is nowhere near their rivals. He will stick to his principles as he will hope that when the squad improves so will the consistency of results.

No shit, they're 2 points off the Champions League?
That's my point. 😂

They have the luxury of time with Ange, in a way a lot of clubs don't/wouldn't. Whether they have that patience in their hearts is a different question.

I have him on 5 and Neto on 10. I may have been generous with one of Neto's though.

It's a shame it doesn't list who the assists were against (or maybe it does, but i can't find it.)

But off the top of my head

Today, Brighton H, Forest, Spurs H, Chelsea H and now i'm struggling..

Back