• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Missed the game due to family commitments, and much like @Tony Towner found myself doing the weekly shop, so only see. The highlights on sky sports.

May have gone unnoticed, but Gomes starts the move for our third, than carries his run. Great to say the forward runs they now make, and took it well still as wasn’t the nicest past from Neto (he did superb still)

Davies’ header reminiscent of the ones you see on a Sunday morning from the 20 stone bloke drinking the can of special brew pre game.
Yes Joao started and finished the move with the pass out from Spurs corner to Neto then the finish, ran the length of the pitch, magnificent stuff

Perhaps a little bit too defensive at times, plus we brought Doc on too 🤮

We played really well. We are a good, exciting team. We have a bond between the manager, the players, and the fans that has been missing for a few years. We are pretty much 3 more points from guaranteeing another season in the PL (😜😂). It's a Saturday night. There's booze in the fridge.

Can't complain.

I'm not really trying to rain on anyone's parade.

I think the thing is that we let Spurs put us under a lot of consistent pressure during the second half. We coped very well, but there was definitely a spell where IMO we felt trapped in our half.

If Davies doesn't whiff the equalizer so badly it wouldn't have tangibly changed the quality of the performance but I think it would dramatically change the nature of the response. That's football.

I'm not really trying to rain on anyone's parade.

I think the thing is that we let Spurs put us under a lot of consistent pressure during the second half. We coped very well, but there was definitely a spell where IMO we felt trapped in our half.

If Davies doesn't whiff the equalizer so badly it wouldn't have tangibly changed the quality of the performance but I think it would dramatically change the nature of the response. That's football.

Spurs are a top 6 side playing at home against a team they have expectations to be beating and they're always going to have spells like that. 😑

I think we are all sadly resigned to Neto going, probably to one of the teams in the current top 3 I think.

Back