• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Tottenham 1-2 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I think we are all sadly resigned to Neto going, probably to one of the teams in the current top 3 I think.
It's certainly interesting, he's taken apart two Sky 6 teams away from home in a fortnight. The only thing they may think about is what can he do when teams sit back as they invariably do against the top sides. Brentford did a job on him last week, but the big sides have other options who you can't double up on. He'd be great in this Arsenal side. Like Neves I'd prefer he went abroad, but I don't think that's likely

It's certainly interesting, he's taken apart to Sky 6 teams away from home in a fortnight. The only thing they may think about is what can he do when teams sit back as they invariably do against the top sides. Brentford did a job on him last week, but the big sides have other options who you can't double up on. He'd be great in this Arsenal side. Like Neves I'd prefer he went abroad, but I don't think that's likely
I think he'll go to either Arsenal or Liverpool. And I hope we get a bidding war and get the £100m+ we deserve for him.

I think the thing is that we let Spurs put us under a lot of consistent pressure during the second half.
We were playing Spurs away and leading for most of the game, it'd be very, very strange if they didn't have a period where they were putting us under pressure? Also they created next to nothing with that pressure AND it gives us the springboard to sucker punch on the counter attack!

I think he'll go to either Arsenal or Liverpool. And I hope we get a bidding war and get the £100m+ we deserve for him.
Hope he goes overseas. PSG perhaps.

There was a period in the game when we were coming under a bit of pressure where I was almost hoping for a Spurs corner, they were so open to our counters from them it was almost our best attacking ploy!

Neto has enough of the dawg in him that PL sides would definitely be interested.

We were playing Spurs away and leading for most of the game, it'd be very, very strange if they didn't have a period where they were putting us under pressure? Also they created next to nothing with that pressure AND it gives us the springboard to sucker punch on the counter attack!
I'll be the first to admit that the game comes and goes in waves and that there will always be moments where you have to defend, but there was something about the spell Spurs had that kept me from being fully comfortable with things. Like I said earlier, hard to put my finger on it, just know how I felt as I was watching.

Could be that's just the nature of how Postecoglu sets up.

Assuming Salah follows Klopp out the door and takes the Saudi wedge on offer I'd imagine Neto would be an ideal fit for them.

If we ask for any less than £80m then Shi is a fucking idiot.
The problem we have, is the only money we are likely to spend is what he generates, so a sale earlier in the window is preferable. We don't want a Jarvis/Fletcher situation where you sell late and go on a trolley dash

The problem we have, is the only money we are likely to spend is what he generates, so a sale earlier in the window is preferable. We don't want a Jarvis/Fletcher situation where you sell late and go on a trolley dash

This was never that big an issue, we just bought badly (bar Sako) and trusted that the likes of Foley/Henry/Doyle/Ward would get back to form (they didn't)

This was never that big an issue, we just bought badly (bar Sako) and trusted that the likes of Foley/Henry/Doyle/Ward would get back to form (they didn't)
You don't think buying badly was connected to the period of time we had to do it?

Not really, I think we'd have made equally poor decisions a month earlier

Back