• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

He's under contract until at least 2017 with another year's option in the club's favour. If the management had issues with his attitude then they wouldn't have given him a new long term deal less than six months ago.

Tbf this seasons issues isn't the first time his attitude has been in the spotlight

I imagine he's just frustrated at not playing which I would expect, he's still really young and clearly talented. His problem is he doesn't work too well with McDonald as a pair and he's not as good as kmac so will struggle to get a game

Attitude issues? When has he had attitude issues?

I just figured that as he's pretty highly rated he'd be frustrated with warming the bench and would probably want to play somewhere. I didn't realize he'd had attitude problems.

Well angrily tweeting or retweeting about it isn't the right way to show your frustration.

He got collared for it last season when he got dropped after the first few games and has since done it again. So don't think he's the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He still only 20 so don't know why he's moaning. I guess it's because he played 6 months first team at Newport though

Today's E&S

WOLVES

Crystal Palace and West Brom are the clubs who are eyeing up a summer move for Wolves striker Benik Afobe.

Afobe is the second top goalscorer in English football this season after Harry Kane.

If Wolves fail to gain promotion, both clubs will table a bid in the region of £5 million.

lololololololol

They've changed it to West Brom now.

I wouldn't worry about it, you can treble that £5m for a start if the phone rang this summer. If Ross McCormack went for £11m and Jordan Rhodes is being talked of in the £12m bracket then we'd want more than that for Afobe. We've just bought him, he's on a long contract and we don't need to sell. No-one would pay what we'd ask.

*Disclaimer - this is not me saying I think Afobe is "worth" £15m. Just the market is often defined by precedent and as such we'd ask something ridiculous.

I wouldn't worry about it, you can treble that £5m for a start if the phone rang this summer. If Ross McCormack went for £11m and Jordan Rhodes is being talked of in the £12m bracket then we'd want more than that for Afobe. We've just bought him, he's on a long contract and we don't need to sell. No-one would pay what we'd ask.

*Disclaimer - this is not me saying I think Afobe is "worth" £15m. Just the market is often defined by precedent and as such we'd ask something ridiculous.

Some of the knicker wetting on this snippet has been outrageous..

Jack Collison is apparently looking for work. Worth a punt?

Injuries have finished him, haven't they? Looked like a good player a few years back.

Feel for Collison, my own amateur career has effectively been ruined/ended by knee issues that are no where near as serious as his, and I appreciate the difference between someone in professional shape and myself (although I wasn't some piss head sunday footballer, was playing or training 5 times a week prior to this) I dislocated my knee and had complications with the rehab where as he has had numerous cartilage operations. I appreciate people come back, but it's not the same, it effects every decision you make, your style of play, how much you want to train, how much you are willing to run in matches. And what was worse for me, was the alarming occurrence of other injuries. My physio said it's very common even for pro's to experience what I did, having always been injury free, I started getting strains, pulls and issues due to the fact my knee was working differently and I was playing differently.

He was let go in December, must surely have trained with someone since then?

Article in the Guardian says he's been all by his lonesome since being released (having made 0 appearances) for Ipswich.

Back