• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

Those above us. Who did what in the loan window

Ipswich did 2 deals yesterday, Boro did 2 over the last few days and Bournemouth did 1

What have Brentford, Derby, Norwich & Watford done?

The bit he was calling nonsense was this "but we are content with what we have" because we made a move for a player, so the club were not that content with what we have

If the club were not content, then they would have made a move for a player earlier than the last few hours of the window.

If the club were not content, then they would have made a move for a player earlier than the last few hours of the window.

Whilst true, Rowe only had a setback towards the end of the window. Perhaps that's what forced them into the market?

... and Frank, that almost reads like a negative comment from you!

It's just that we have a golden opportunity to go up this season and we need to take it seriously. Next season could be a lot harder, especially as we may lose Sako and even Afobe. I know it's good PR to say he's happy with the current squad, but surely there were others apart from Williams who we could have looked at to help push us over the line.

Just because it went through on the last day doesn't mean all the clubs decided on Thursday, we need a player. It could have been that the inquiries started days ago or even Palace saying they won't decide until the end of the window if they are loaning him out.

From KJ's comments made 2 days before the window "unless something changes that is it" you could say we had enquired about Williams but Palace said not at this moment in time, then it changed and the possibility of a loan deal was on.

There isn't really a glaring area where we look weak though. We don't need defenders. We'd only be signing a striker to sit on the bench. Sako will play every week and we have good competition on the other side with Henry and VLP. McDonald is playing excellently. That only really leaves Jack Price who is doing fine but I accept we could probably use an upgrade on him in this system.

No chance Afobe leaves this summer IMO.

Whilst true, Rowe only had a setback towards the end of the window. Perhaps that's what forced them into the market?

... and Frank, that almost reads like a negative comment from you!

Not negative, just being ground down...!!

As a team we've looked pretty good of late, so I'm not really sure there is that much point bringing in a player for the sake of it, who, in theory, could be shite for 2 or 3 games and then leave us having to pick up the pieces for those 2 or 3 games.

Had we been looking at buying him in January then things may have been different, but at this point in the season I can't really see the point or the need to take on a loan player.

As a team we've looked pretty good of late, so I'm not really sure there is that much point bringing in a player for the sake of it, who, in theory, could be $#@!e for 2 or 3 games and then leave us having to pick up the pieces for those 2 or 3 games.

Had we been looking at buying him in January then things may have been different, but at this point in the season I can't really see the point or the need to take on a loan player.

Be careful, far too much sanity in that comment.

Well we know we can cope without one of the two strikers if they get injured, Evans can cover central midfield, we have 3 players for 2 places to cover the wings. Iorfa and Hause cover the defence. We'd be weaker with injuries to certain players but so would everyone.

Evans a bit the forgotten man this season. Wonder if he'll want a move this summer? As Dan is quick to point out (rightly so), our record with Price in the team is phenomenal, and I don't see Evans replacing McDonald any time soon.

Will be something to keep an eye on, I think.

I think Evans is way over rated, had a decent season last year and started off well this until opposition got the measure of our midfield. Every time I've seen him since November (tbf not that often) he's been poor, I'd put Edwards in at CM before Evans. That said he is still young and time to improve so won't right him off completely.

He has too much ability to just get rid of.

Possibly, but I don't think it will be down to his footballing ability.

If we are still in the Championship then he will still be here (depending on when his contract expires as he may not want to stay)

Back