• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

First 11 and defensive cover are strong, we lack decent cover for McDonald, Sako Afobe and Dicko whist still maintaining something close to Friday nights formation. Williams would have been ideal as he would have covered 3 of these. I can see why he chose Ipswich though, he'll go straight into their team, he'd sit on our bench waiting for an injury. Fingers crossed we are lucky with injuries for the rest of the season or Morgan/Moxey/Thelwell/Jackett (delete as applicable) will come in for a fair bit of stick

Injuries would affect anyone. Just look at Derby. If Bournemouth lost Arter to injury they would be fucked too

I agree, I'm not particularly moaning just pointing out that we lack cover in certain areas and if we got key injuries we'd be in trouble, as you say, see Martin at Derby as an example. Replicating the quality is a ridiculous notion, but I don't think having someone of a similar style or position is too fanciful. Perhaps Hunte could cover Sako and Evans may rediscover his early season form if required to replace McDonald?

I see elsewhere that Kenwyn Jones is being heralded as a cracking signing for Bournemouth and shows they want to go up, yet I'm sure if we'd signed him, the same people would say he's a washed up has been bleeding a wage from the club

I don't get the Jones one, it's not like Bournemouth struggle to score and he's crap anyway

Agree that he is crap, would not want him here

seems other teams are prepared for the final hurdle with a loan here and there, but we are content with what we have. Just hope we don't come to regret this decision come the end of the season - there's £80 million at stake.

Boukari went off vs Sheff Wed. I was there and saw the great* man play for a whole 12 minutes or so.

*He probably isn't great at all.

Against Palace early on for Staale. Think Boukari injured himself in the same game.
I think Boukari was inuured against a blue/white team, but what you say about Pesz does ring a bell. Wouldn't have guessed it was Jonny Williams though.

There were definitely two injuries vs Palace, I just assumed it was Boukari, usually a pretty safe assumption to make...

Williams' tackle was a shocker as well. Horrible challenge.

seems other teams are prepared for the final hurdle with a loan here and there, but we are content with what we have. Just hope we don't come to regret this decision come the end of the season - there's £80 million at stake.

Clearly we were trying to get Williams and lost out, so that is nonsense

Clearly we were trying to get Williams and lost out, so that is nonsense

I'm not sure we were. Looks like an agent story designed to push money into somebody's account by feigning interest from several parties. Fairly common practice, if more than sharp.

I'm not sure we were. Looks like an agent story designed to push money into somebody's account by feigning interest from several parties. Fairly common practice, if more than sharp.

It was on the Wolves OS earlier, obviously been removed since he's joined Ipswich but it was definitely on there earlier so I think we were after him, just lost out.

There were definitely two injuries vs Palace, I just assumed it was Boukari, usually a pretty safe assumption to make...

Williams' tackle was a shocker as well. Horrible challenge.

Pretty sure Henry was the other injury

Quotes from KJ yesterday indicate talks were happening.

"Head coach Kenny Jackett said: “Jonny Williams is a player we made an enquiry for and expressed an interest in.

“He’s a player who’s done very well in the Championship and as such there was a lot of interest in him.

“Talks were ongoing at the top level - Jez Moxey was talking to Phil Alexander (Palace chief executive) about an emergency loan.”"

I guess we have Jacobs available to us just after the Easter games as well to cover the gap should we get injuries in the position we were looking to bring Williams in to cover.

Williams has been on loan at Ipswich before, so I suppose they were always favourites to get him.

You disagree with the point made and so " It's Nonsense"

We'll see at the end of the season.

The bit he was calling nonsense was this "but we are content with what we have" because we made a move for a player, so the club were not that content with what we have

Back