• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Transfer Speculation Thread 2014/15

ROVERT47

ACTUAL PROPER ITK
Reaction score
Can't see that we have one yet, so now's as good a time as any.

Bloody hell. I'm still savouring this season!

Never too soon to start a transfer thread leedswolf! I'm actually thinking more and I'm not sure if i want Wilson as in a perfect worl we would get a bigger and stronger centre forward. We also need a centre back and a full back. Possibly a new centre mid, and of course as previously stated another striker.

You only need a sticky when an important topic's liable to drift miles down the forum. You'd imagine this one won't.

Would like us to have a look at Dale Jennings and Haris Vuckic.

Does anyone think that Leon Clarke will still be with us come September 1st? I'd have thought he would be because Kenny Jackett would be reluctant to admit he made a mistake?! Or am I wrong? He's score one goal in what, 18 appearances?

Vuckic scored shed loads for Newcastle in pre-season but could only manage 4 in 23 games for Rotherham. Is he good enough?

I was very impressed on Good Friday. Excellent dead ball delivery as well.

Vuckic scored shed loads for Newcastle in pre-season but could only manage 4 in 23 games for Rotherham. Is he good enough?

Would you judge Kevin MacDonald by his scoring rate?

Sam Hutchinson out of contract this summer, is the right age and would add quality at centre back.

I always thought Vuckic was a striker.

More of a #10. Despite Edwards' good end of the season that's a priority for me, we have reasonable depth in the wide areas if Zele comes back but only two players who can play that role. And Edwards hasn't really ever convinced in the Championship, plus I suspect his six year trend of breaking regularly hasn't gone away.

I'd like to see us sign Tavernier from Newcastle. Attacking full back who can cover both sides and is only going to get better. He's had a lot of loan spells but at 22 he's at the age where he'll be looking for a permanent club if Newcastle can't guarantee him first team football.

Harry Maguire could be a good signing to put some pressure on Danny Batth. He'd be costly but he's been in the League 1 team of the year 3 seasons in a row and is facing another long campaign at the third tier. I was really impressed with him at Bramall Lane, he's not the carthorse that I thought he was beforehand. Now could be the time to test his loyalty to Sheffield United and put in a cheeky bid.

My issue with Maguire is that you couldn't pair him and Batth together. I'm not sure I want someone that one dimensional at that cost that we could only play by leaving out a proven Championship player in Stearman. He's a good player but not right for us IMO/IMV.

Good shout on Tavernier.

There are a lot of good attacking midfielders in League 1 who could play as a #10 or out wide so Jacobs/Henry could move inside if needed. Vuckic would be a good option, as would Pringle, Pritchard, McGregor, Grealish, Odubajo or Forshaw.

I've met him. He's a fucking moron.

Gingers don't look good in Wolves shirts either. McCarey just about gets away with it as a goalie.

No pressure off his coach.

"He has the vision of a Paul Scholes and the engine of a Steven Gerrard. I think he is one of the young lads who could possibly go all the way," said Jeffels.

"In whatever game you went to see him play, he was probably the outstanding player.

"He was quick, but not just pacy, his speed of thought was pacy too. He seemed to be able to read situations and that made him a pretty intelligent player as well."

I suppose you never know as an outsider when coaches are talking sense or rubbish. After all a non Wolves fan listening to Mark McGhee might have entertained the thought that Steve Corica was better than Georgi Kinkladze. Of course we knew the truth of it.

Back