• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Biden needs to win and by an utterly conclusive margin or there is trouble ahead. I’m reading talk of use of the insurrection act to keep Trump in the White House. That sort of shit is rather scary.

Yeah. At the risk of tempting fate I think Biden has the presidency. But it needs to be a comprehensive win, devoid of legal challenges, and ideally taking the senate as well.

The Dems need all three branches, to install five new liberal judges into newly-created seats on the SC, and to grant DC and Puerto Rico statehood. Full-on scorched Earth- if the GOP won’t play by democratic norms, they shouldn’t either.

So setting things up for refusing to leave the White House if he loses and then using the Supreme Court to hold onto power

And trying to employ a load of “election security” to be at polling stations. It’s Goebbels 1-0-1.

Biden should state categorically that if Trump is so worried about a potential rigged election then neutral UN observers should be drafted in. Spikes his little army of roughnecks.

His Supreme Court nominee is what you knew she'd be. RC mother of 7, anti abortion, anti gay marriage, pro guns and believes the constitution should be interpreted in the way it was meant by those who wrote it 250 years ago

If Biden wins and gets both houses he simply passes an executive order to increase the number of justices to 13 and appoints a load of liberals.

https://t.co/gstfYLEe5V

Will this finish him off? His base of support I doubt will be bothered but anyone floating between is surely far less likely to vote for him?

I think the disrespecting the military dead was the point of no return

I know some die-hard trump supporters, including a disabled veteran. Literally EVERYTHING is fake news if it does not paint a good picture of him. Apparently the liberal mainstream media do nothing but make up new lies and repeat old ones. trump has never disrespected the dead, and the tax returns are not genuine.

As trump said, he could shoot someone in the middle of Times Square and his base would still support him.

From a NY Times article on Arnon Mishkin - who calls election results for Fox News (he's actually unbiased). Why voters might not admit they are voting for trump:

"Mr. Garth also worked for Mayor Tom Bradley of Los Angeles in his failed race for governor of California in 1982. That election gave birth to the idea of a “Bradley effect,” in which white voters lie to pollsters about their intention to support a Black candidate, concealing their racial prejudice and overstating the candidate’s standing. Not everyone believes that happened to Mr. Bradley, but Mr. Mishkin said he learned back then that voters disguise their feelings to pollsters. Sometimes they describe themselves as undecided rather than acknowledging that they are backing a “socially undesirable” candidate — which, he said, helps explain why polls failed to predict Mr. Trump’s victory in 2016."

Watched the debate. Shitshow. Biden won by default as he didn't have a senior moment

Nice of Trump to send such a heartwarming message to the white supremacists. Stand by ready to take on antifa by the look of it.

Most people I know watched 5 minutes then switched off. One guy described it as like watching his parents argue. I managed most of it until I couldn't take any more. trump succeeded in being the loudest and dominating the conversation (he always does), but failed overall since his goal was to provoke Biden into losing his cool and making mistakes.

Most voters have already decided how they are voting; it is possible that trumps bullying may have turned some undecided away, but also that Bidens relative slowness and quietness came across as frailty.

The Proud Boys cannot believe their luck and even Fox News is critical of trump for not condemning them.

Trump into quarantine as a close adviser who was with him on Air Force one and Marine One without a mask has COVID.

Back