• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

You can always convince some low end iq people by talking shit if youre good at it

He has a right to speak, but he also has a responsibility how he speaks. Please point out where I've condoned violence.

It was the left who rose against Hitler in Germany, often violently. It was the left who rose against apartheid South Africa, often violently.

I agree with most of your post, but Communism has been guilty of millions of lives too, as you would know.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-killed-45-million-in-four-years-2081630.html

Mr Dikötter is the only author to have delved into the Chinese archives since they were reopened four years ago. He argued that this devastating period of history – which has until now remained hidden – has international resonance. "It ranks alongside the gulags and the Holocaust as one of the three greatest events of the 20th century.... It was like [the Cambodian communist dictator] Pol Pot's genocide multiplied 20 times over," he said.

Between 1958 and 1962, a war raged between the peasants and the state; it was a period when a third of all homes in China were destroyed to produce fertiliser and when the nation descended into famine and starvation, Mr Dikötter said.

His book, Mao's Great Famine; The Story of China's Most Devastating Catastrophe, reveals that while this is a part of history that has been "quite forgotten" in the official memory of the People's Republic of China, there was a "staggering degree of violence" that was, remarkably, carefully catalogued in Public Security Bureau reports, which featured among the provincial archives he studied. In them, he found that the members of the rural farming communities were seen by the Party merely as "digits", or a faceless workforce. For those who committed any acts of disobedience, however minor, the punishments were huge.

State retribution for tiny thefts, such as stealing a potato, even by a child, would include being tied up and thrown into a pond; parents were forced to bury their children alive or were doused in excrement and urine, others were set alight, or had a nose or ear cut off. One record shows how a man was branded with hot metal. People were forced to work naked in the middle of winter; 80 per cent of all the villagers in one region of a quarter of a million Chinese were banned from the official canteen because they were too old or ill to be effective workers, so were deliberately starved to death.

Mr Dikötter said that he was once again examining the Party's archives for his next book, The Tragedy of Liberation, which will deal with the bloody advent of Communism in China from 1944 to 1957.

He said the archives were already illuminating the extent of the atrocities of the period; one piece of evidence revealed that 13,000 opponents of the new regime were killed in one region alone, in just three weeks. "We know the outline of what went on but I will be looking into precisely what happened in this period, how it happened, and the human experiences behind the history," he said.

Mr Dikötter, who teaches at the University of Hong Kong, said while it was difficult for any historian in China to write books that are critical of Mao, he felt he could not collude with the "conspiracy of silence" in what the Chinese rural community had suffered in recent history.

Tyranny surely? The political emphasis is irrelevant.

Tyranny surely? The political emphasis is irrelevant.

Yes, but the left quite often forget about the tyranny and mass killings that Communism has caused, at the same time they are quick to talk about the tyranny under Hitler, ect.
Brainwashed and easily manipulated would be a better way to decribe it.

Yes, but the left quite often forget about the tyranny and mass killings that Communism has caused, at the same time they are quick to talk about the tyranny under Hitler, ect.
Brainwashed and easily manipulated would be a better way to decribe it.

Do they? I don't hear many people from the left defending the tyrannical regime of the Soviet Union - communism doesn't advocate tyranny, people do. Trump has advocated violence in his speeches, Trump is a person. Generally speaking it is not ideology or beliefs that cause violence, it is people who pervert an ideology.

There is very little difference between the extreme Left and Right, they are both fascists and are against freedom of speech.

To an extent I agree and you would think he could easily be taken down with words. He's up there with Boris Johnson when it comes to credibility. He's been shown up in debates - trouble is people get took in by this stuff.

The cynical me thinks they have put a stooge on one side in order to get Clinton elected. She is odds on.

But then again I've always felt there is a world government above that level which makes the real decisions. They fool us into thinking we have a democratic process.

Would that be the Zionist filth that you constantly refer to?

Do they? I don't hear many people from the left defending the tyrannical regime of the Soviet Union - communism doesn't advocate tyranny, people do. Trump has advocated violence in his speeches, Trump is a person. Generally speaking it is not ideology or beliefs that cause violence, it is people who pervert an ideology.

I didn't say that. I said the left like to talk about Hitler, but don't mention the millions of deaths of working people, caused by Communist Tyrannts.

There is no socially beneficial ideology that truly reflects the traits and characteristics of the human race.

Some will always be more equal than others.
Sir Thomas More would disagree.

I didn't say that. I said the left like to talk about Hitler, but don't mention the millions of deaths of working people, caused by Communist Tyrannts.
Back to my previous post. Tyranny. Nothing to do with any political affiliation.

personally i think it incredibly dumb to try to describe events like this as 'left' or 'right'. i think this approach is typically adopted by shallow people who want to be dismissive of other people without actually trying to understand an argument. it extends to them taking headline views from, for example, a newspaper of their choice simply to reinforce their pre-existing prejudices which often have little bearing on a particular issue. it seems to be frequently adopted by the political class as well presumably to reduce complex issues to some dumbed-down level they think their audience can more easily relate to. sad.

You can have page after page talking about the right wing and how stupid Trump is, then you get a left wing rent a mob causing violence at a Trump meeting and low and behold you are dumb if you mention left or right wing.

The pre existing prejudices are ok against Trump, but mention the left wing rent a mob and you are dumb.

Back