• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Trump

Nikki Haley is about the right age, talks well, doesn't seem too extreme, but really, are there no aspiring Democrats on the horizon?
What a fucked up system that there aren't a whole bunch of 'Likely Lads' pushing and shoving to become 'It'!!

Nikki Haley is their Liz Truss... She's an absolute helmet

Every one of them who have been in the race ( DeSantis, Pence, Ramaswamy, Christie, Haley and Trump) should have the American electorate running the fuck away from them. Complete collection of right wing nutjobs

Haley's latest was "there is and never has been any racism in America"!

But @darlowolf64, don't you know? Abraham Lincoln, a ~Republican~, solved racism by ending slavery!

But @darlowolf64, don't you know? Abraham Lincoln, a ~Republican~, solved racism by ending slavery!
Watching her answer the "what started the American Civil War" question had me amazed and amused and then shocked that the word "slavery" wasn't mentioned once! It started because "the yankee government wanted to tell us what we could and couldn't do" (not her exact words, but her meaning)

One of my high school (dunno the equivalent there... ages 14-18ish) history teachers explicitly taught that the Civil War was not about slavery.

Every one of them who have been in the race ( DeSantis, Pence, Ramaswamy, Christie, Haley and Trump) should have the American electorate running the fuck away from them. Complete collection of right wing nutjobs

Haley's latest was "there is and never has been any racism in America"!
That's the lady who calls herself Nikki...

If Biden has any interest in how history will view him - and I’m sure most politicians give it plenty of thought - surely he will stand aside. Surely those around him can see that he’ll be remembered as the man who allowed Trump back into the White House if he refuses to step down. Guess it’s like the highest stakes equivalent of telling an elderly parent that they shouldn’t be driving but those around him need to do it.

If Biden has any interest in how history will view him - and I’m sure most politicians give it plenty of thought - surely he will stand aside. Surely those around him can see that he’ll be remembered as the man who allowed Trump back into the White House if he refuses to step down. Guess it’s like the highest stakes equivalent of telling an elderly parent that they shouldn’t be driving but those around him need to do it.
Takes a certain type of person to walk away from power, and the folks who get into American politics ain't it.

I hear you, but we ain't doing the world many favors over here as it is.

Time will march on.

Isnt the issue that theres no obvious alternative?

Isnt the issue that theres no obvious alternative?
Whilst Trump has a solid base there’s a lot of voters that would vote for anyone that can string two sentences together rather than Trump. Biden doesn’t tick that box and those voters will either not vote or end up voting for Trump. Surely there is a Democrat that does. It doesn’t need to be a 21st century JFK, just someone that doesn’t make your toes curl with embarrassment when he or she talks.

Back