• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

TWF - The Season Awards Thread (2018/19)

Actually I'll chuck in my own save of the season award:

1) Rui vs Man City (Sterling) in the home game. Incredible

2) Ruddy's fingertip at home to Liverpool in the cup. Don't have a clue how he got there and it's in without his touch

3) Rui on Saturday vs Fulham. Don't care if it didn't count for anything as the whistle had gone. Worldy

save of the season my thought immediately went to Ruddy's fingertip against Shaqiri's FK. :icon_cool:

Rui against Sterling is probably the best save I have seen in the flesh. Absolutely staggering.

Player of the Season:
Raul
Young player of the Season:
Vinagre
Goal of the Season:
Judging purely in islolation Raul @ Wembley.
Most memorable moment of the season:
Regrettably in 5 years time it'll be Donck giving away that penalty
Unsung hero:
Ruddy, could have acted like a twat and didn't
Most improved player:
Doherty
Captain without the armband:
Moutinho
and finally, which player would we miss the most if they were sold this summer?
Raul

Absolutely right. Just stunning stunning work. Sterling was celebrating just like Pele was as the header was heading towards the goal in Guadalajara before the Banks intervention!

Player of the Season: It makes a refreshing change to have plenty of candidates - Jimenez, Jota, Moutinho, Coady & Doherty have all been outstanding. I am going for Raul though, not only have his goals been invaluable but his overall play has been so impressive.

Young player of the Season: It doesn't seem right picking Neves or Jota so really it has to be Vinagre or MGW and Vinagre has been the most impressive of the two this season. As others have said, he is going to be some player.

Goal of the Season: Jota vs Cardiff.

Most memorable moment of the season: It would have been Raul's goal at Wembley if not for the crushing heartbreak that followed. It will still take me a while to appreciate the joy that goal gave me. I'll have to go for Jota's goal in the QF. I can't remember seeing Molineux erupt like that for a goal quite like that before.

Unsung hero: Ryan Bennett or Patricio. Bennett is the most unglamorous member of the team but has done a brilliant job once again in proving his worth. Patricio may seem an odd choice considering how good he is but for some reason he still seems to get his fair share of criticism. A special mention for John Ruddy too. I love the support he gives the team even from the bench when he could easily have got the hump this season.

Most improved player: Matt Doherty. I hated the guy a couple of seasons ago now I love him. He has been magnificent at times this season.

Captain without the armband: Moutinho for his experience and the calmness that he brings.

and finally, which player would we miss the most if they were sold this summer? One of Jota or Jimenez. They are both absolutely vital to the way we currently play. Keeping Nuno and his backroom team is the most important thing for us though.

Player of the season: Moutinho. Best ever player in a Wolves shirt

Young player: I'm sure Vinagre will come good, but I'm not totally convinced by him yet, or by MGW. So it has to be Jota.

Goal of the season: Every single one of them.

Moment: Could have picked Moutinho's goal at MU, but going for Traore scoring at West Ham to give us our 1st league win.

Unsung hero: Here's Jonny.

Most improved: Doherty

Captain without armband: Boly or Jota

Player we would miss: Not a player at all - the one person we cannot afford to lose is Nuno.

Player of the Season:
Jimenez. From the moment he opened his account vs Everton on the opening day, he has just been such a threat and has scored some massive goals for us. You just always feel like he's gonna score and he is so important to how we play. And it seems like he genuinely loves being at Wolves

Young player of the Season:
Vinagre. He looks such a talent, always injects a spark into the game when he comes on and full of tricks

Goal of the Season:
Tough one, loved how Jotas goal vs Cardiff played out in front of me in the NB, I was harping on about it for hours afterwards, but his goal vs Utd in the FA Cup was just so MASSIVE. Such skill to hold off Shaw, and the finish was sublime. At the moment we all knew something special was happening. I literally upended my living room that night when he scored.

Most memorable moment of the season:
For me, it was the FA cup Qtr Final. Saturday night at Molineux, incredible atmosphere and a performance worthy of such an occasion

Unsung hero:
Willy Boly. A rock

Most improved player:
Doherty. Never ever in a million years did I ever think he was capable of playing the way he has this season. He's made me eat a ton of humble pie and deserves a lot of credit for turning it around. Fair play to him

Captain without the armband:
Bennett

and finally, which player would we miss the most if they were sold this summer?
Jota. Such an impact on our season and the partnership with Raul is so crucial to how well we have done this season

Back